• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winnipeg plant gets $100M in federal financing to pull protein from peas, canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    I thought Murad had fractionation sewed up.
    He will when this current group does the ILTA process....

It's like irrigators can't afford shit until its given to them...

State of the art potato barns sold for pennies on the dollar....and the owners bragged about how they got them so cheap...

Same process will happen here....it's the capitalist way...good businessmen use taxpayer's dollars and then say how the did it on their own....

Katib must have videos and pictures of every politician. ...and holds them tightly.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
      Conspiracy, the meat industry isn't going anywhere, way to many meat lovers in the world and is to well established to be over thrown by fake meat. As a so called supporter of value added you would have seen this a win-win for both producers and the province of Manitoba. Centreport is a perfect location and the job spinoffs for this plant is great.

Again it's a loan, if not in Winnipeg would you have preferred it in Sk or Ab. Brave do you not grow canola anymore or just beans?
      No time for trolling today. Bait someone else

Comment

Is this the plant that was supposed to be at Saskatoon?

Comment

Ah Nestle, the biggest scammer out there. Takes water from public taps, bottles it and sells it for more than oil and then dumps the bottles back on the waste industry. What leaches. Now they have their fingers in on the ag side. Probably planning on stealing splits and making protien out of them. Farmer will get jack squat out of this.
          Last edited by jazz; Jun 23, 2020, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Ah Nestle, the biggest scammer out there. Takes water from public taps, bottles it and sells it for more than oil and then dumps the bottles back on the waste industry. What leaches. Now they have their fingers in on the ag side. Probably planning on stealing splits and making protien out of them. Farmer will get jack squat out of this.
            Thats an interesting point....are my splits not being part of their process I have already done for them....maybe should fetch a premium??????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Thats an interesting point....are my splits not being part of their process I have already done for them....maybe should fetch a premium??????
              And nobody thought about the impacts on canola prices. Canola is $9-10 because its oil plus meal that is fed to livestock. If we have no livestock (meat) industry, that price wont be at $9 very long.

Just moving a portion of the ag economy farmers now control to somewhere they don't. You can bet there is another group lobby for the end of meat.

You are taking a commodity right now (meat) in its raw form which provides protein directly and replacing it with a processed form which will get bundled up by the big food companies and enrich the middle man again.
              Last edited by jazz; Jun 23, 2020, 10:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                No time for trolling today. Bait someone else
                See forage. I’m not the only one that sees it.

Comment

100,000, 000 dollars divided by less than 40000 tonnes a year is 2500 bucks a tonne to develop this plant with government money...

Over a 5 year period they could have just bought the peas and canola from farmers and gave it away to the needy countries of the world and let them figure out what to do with it...

I heard the CEO of Merit on the radio say 10000 tonnes of peas and 17000 tonnes of canola...

So for interest sake that is one unit train of peas and a couple of canola per YEAR...

Hardly a demand driven deal for 100 million dollars...

But hey,,,,,,,WTF do I know....except the principles will have their money and I suspect long gone before this is fully operational.

Comment

New Canadian food guideline came out and meat isn’t on the menu, but nuts beans and seeds are where we should be getting protein from.

Comment

A steak is cut and cooked ...hamburger ground once...and cooked....

How much processing goes into grinding out the protein from peas and canola...

And where is the premium for protein in either peas or canola????

I know...dumb questions...

Comment

In the last Western Producer, croplife Canada article about herbicides and mrl’s. On field peas not supposed to use diquat(reglone) for desiccation because of very low mrl’s in the U.S. They also said to check with your grain buyer before using glyphosate. So I am curious what this new plant will require and where I live in central Alberta basically impossible to harvest peas without desiccation. Tried swathing once and the wind had a hay day. Cut my yield in half.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          In the last Western Producer, croplife Canada article about herbicides and mrl’s. On field peas not supposed to use diquat(reglone) for desiccation because of very low mrl’s in the U.S. They also said to check with your grain buyer before using glyphosate. So I am curious what this new plant will require and where I live in central Alberta basically impossible to harvest peas without desiccation. Tried swathing once and the wind had a hay day. Cut my yield in half.
                          And the varieties today are not bred for swathing...they are made to be straight cut.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            A steak is cut and cooked ...hamburger ground once...and cooked....

How much processing goes into grinding out the protein from peas and canola...

And where is the premium for protein in either peas or canola????

I know...dumb questions...
                            So the question no one is answering is what are rhe standard levels for protein in these crops? Have we been getting screwed? Is that why we’re going this direction or is the standard going to be set high and we ll all
                            Be getting a discount? Who’s gonna pay the trucking? Why isn’t it built here in sask?
                            Can’t see any kind of premium paying the trucking cost?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...