• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rural Internet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rural Internet

Anyone thinking about trying this?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/spacex-high-speed-internet-1.5618918 https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/spacex-high-speed-internet-1.5618918

Well I am more than 1 mile from a tower so it would be considered isolated lol
    Will definitely look at it
    The current system we have access to is very poor

Comment

We don’t need another high latency crappy satellite internet provider with tiny data caps. Been there done that. We need better and wider spread cellular solutions.

I’ve been working remotely to Calgary from NE Sask now for a few months and cellular has worked fine for Teams meetings and all my development needs. I can’t imagine trying to do the same over satellite internet.

Comment

My folks had xplornet satellite a couple of years ago and it was a fraction the speed of our xplornet tower that’s 7 miles away. Luckily they got switched over but it’s still not like in town.

Our cell service on the other hand has been getting worse lately and that’s frustrating dropping calls all the time.

Comment

Latency is under 100ms.

It's 150mbit/ second.

And there are no data caps.

At least not on the alpha.

Comment

It sucks have 6 guys in one field 8 miles from a tower and it’s quicker to crawl out of combine walk two swaths over and talk than doing it by cell. Xplornet we have in shop but that’s about all it’s good for and expensive

Comment

Fort tower Sasktel just worry about city guys and couldn’t care about rural.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...