• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough year .... again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough year .... again

On when to spray certain group two products
    Crops don’t like these cool overnights after application, especially peas .
    Group 2’s on wheat can cause the flash hard, resulting in delayed maturity and stunting
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 19, 2020, 15:03.

Here is a picture from a few days ago

Side by side , wheat sprayed same day ....

Group 2 grass herb on left , Group 1on right

Wheat on right only seeded one day ahead of left.
    Both sprayed within an hour of each other

Was plus 3 that Monday morning.
    These were sprayed on Tues
    “It will recover” ...... yup standard answer

Comment

What should I expect spraying Odyssey on Clearfield canola?
      It's go time according to crop staging.

Wouldn't it be nice if it didn't matter?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 19, 2020, 05:22.

Comment

Furrow very interesting picture. I have to be honest I would have thought the greatest risk of crop damage would be from Puma, never had an issue with a group 2 wild oat herbicide on wheat except when Varro did a poor job on the wild oats, ams helps but still not as good as Simplicity.

My biggest problem this year is bronzing of leaves on Invigor canola after my first pass. At first I thought it was herbicide being washed out of my booms by the Liberty. But I looked at all the fields, all have some leaves that look like I spray painted lightly with white paint and not that healthy. We had hail 3 days after I sprayed which didn’t help. I did use Assure instead of Centurion because with group 1 Dim wildoat herbicides I have to add ams due to my water, not sure if that contributed. I sprayed with blue nozzles at a higher pressure to get better coverage, certainly worked well on the weeds. Anybody have an issue with bronzing from liberty?

Comment

I have been using simplicity and octane XL for many years and I have yet to see any damage like that. I even double sprayed the headland one time by accident and it recovered pretty well. But I dont spray in single digit temps either.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

But I dont spray in single digit temps either.
            We quit spraying when the sprayer booms freeze. Out here in the muskeg our “windows” can be hard to open sometimes. 😉

Comment

I have been using simplicity and octane XL for many years and I have yet to see any damage like that. I even double sprayed the headland one time by accident and it recovered pretty well. But I dont spray in single digit temps either.
              I don’t know anyone other than one local custom sprayer that does much if any spraying in single digits . Especially in crop .
              We waited a day and a half after that plus 3 for that reason
              Point is , both were sprayed within an hour of each other
              We used 7.5 gal water , neighbour used 5
              It will recover but we lost a good 7-8 days maturity. Not ideal in years like this
              Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 19, 2020, 14:13.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                I don’t know anyone other than one local custom sprayer that does much if any spraying in single digits . Especially in crop .
                We waited a day and a half after that plus 3 for that reason
                Point is , both were sprayed within an hour of each other
                We used 7.5 gal water , neighbour used 5
                It will recover but we lost a good 7-8 days maturity. Not ideal in years like this
                Was the Simplicity a tank mix or alone with Agral? High rate?

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                  Was the Simplicity a tank mix or alone with Agral? High rate?
                  Tank mix , low rate

Weed control is very good , just surprised at how much yellowing
                  Lesson learned, leave an extra day with products like that in cool weather
                  Tough to do when it’s week after week of cool overnight temps. And the complete unpredictability of weather forecasts now

As evident again now , overnight lows just adjusted lower for mist northern Sask for Sunday morning... there will be plus 3-4 again in many areas , probably lower in certain areas.
                  Last edited by furrowtickler; Jun 19, 2020, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    Weed control is very good , just surprised at how much yellowing
                    Lesson learned, leave an extra day with products like that in cool weather
                    Tough to do when it’s week after week of cool overnight temps. And the complete unpredictability of weather forecasts now
                    The crops don't even know what to do any more grow, go dormant, repeat. That might come back. Wheat usually pretty forgiving.

I use 10 gal on all my applications and we lug around a PT to do it. Not as maneuverable in the field but I love being able to do an entire quarter at 10gal without a fill.

Comment

The crops don't even know what to do any more grow, go dormant, repeat. That might come back. Wheat usually pretty forgiving.

I use 10 gal on all my applications and we lug around a PT to do it. Not as maneuverable in the field but I love being able to do an entire quarter at 10gal without a fill.
                      It will and has recovered some already .
                      We applied an ATP product to hopefully speed up recovery. Left test strip to see .

Comment

As I am shopping around the last of my stored crop, I cant help but look at it and think is there a more under appreciated under priced product in the world that has the same amount of risk, expense and worry associated with it. I would like to know what it is.

The average person has no idea what it takes to bring them a plate of food.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EawxuqTWsAEWrLP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	769856.

Comment

[ATTACH]6257[/ATTACH].
                              Let the bastards starve and freeze to death in the dark.

Way too much is taken for granted these days.

Good luck.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...