• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid cluster in South West Saskatchewan

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid cluster in South West Saskatchewan

Public Health Advisory – R.M. of Maple Creek No. 111
    Wednesday, June 17, 2020 in News Release
    ​​​The Saskatc​​hewan Health Authority is declaring a COVID-19 outbreak in two Hutterit​e communities in the Rural Municipality of Maple Creek (No. 111).

​Two​ members of a rural household in the area initially tested positive for COVID-19 last week, with an additional 14 confirmed positive cases verified on June 17. Contact tracing and active case finding is underway in targeted areas of the R.M. Cases are being investigated for connection to interprovincial travel to Alberta as well travel in the area.

​Dr. David Torr, interim Senior Medical Health Officer, and SHA’s local public health team are reminding residents in the area to SELF-MONITOR for symptoms of COVID-19 and to work collaboratively with public health officials that contact them to take the required actions to mitigate further spread.

​Additional public communications will occur as the situation evolves.

​If any o​f the following symptoms appear during self-monitoring, call HealthLine 811 or their community health centre for evaluation and advice:

Fev​er
    Co​ugh
    Hea​dache
    Muscle and/or jo​​int aches and pains
    Sore throa​​t
    Chills
    Runny nose
    Nasal congestion
    Conjunctivitis
    Dizziness
    Fatigue
    Nausea/vomiting
    Diarrhea
    Loss of appetite (difficulty feeding for children)
    Loss of sense of taste or smell
    Shortness of breath
    Difficulty breathing
    For more information on COVID-19 visit: www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19​

The virus is real and it is very contagious when you see these examples.

What to do about it on a provincial scale is challenging but some of the open up rules just don’t make sense to me. Schools will open and groups of x amount of people are ok but not this other group etc etc. Either it’s dangerous or it’s not.

Was uptown yesterday and not a lot of social distancing happenning in a couple weeks we ll see what happens. Time will tell.

If it’s not a concern why isn’t the emergency rooms open????

Comment

I think they have to make the 2nd wave prediction come true so they can pat themselves on the back for being prepared....

Comment

We farm north of Maple Creek. To say the least , this news didn't impress me at all. Maybe driving to Alberta to save 10 cents on an item may not be worth it ? Now of course they have to trace back where they have been and what town/city. Yippeee shit now we are on the news.

Comment

An update to what our situation is in the southwest:

Apparently , now this is info that I heard , is that a colony west of Maple Creek close to the Sask / Ab border is where this originated. Also was told that one of the men was in at a local business or three , like nothing was wrong and was reported to the RCMP from a local business owner.

How ignorant can you get ?

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post

Apparently , now this is info that I heard , is that a colony west of Maple Creek close to the Sask / Ab border is where this originated. Also was told that one of the men was in at a local business or three , like nothing was wrong and was reported to the RCMP from a local business owner.

Kinda like joining a protest with near zero social distancing with hundreds or thousands of people you have no idea who they are Or where they come from ??? Yet carry on chastising everyone else .... lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Kinda like joining a protest with near zero social distancing with hundreds or thousands of people you have no idea who they are Or where they come from ??? Yet carry on chastising everyone else .... lol
              In a couple weeks an influx of antifa will be sick in hospital.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Yes very true, but.........should we be worried about this or not? We can’t be saying on the one hand this is all fake then when an outbreak happens say jeez stay home. Our government is basically saying all is well don’t worry yet declare these emergency situations it doesn’t add up. Many people are taking this way less seriously due to the government handling of this.
                Maybe it should be? Maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                  Yes very true, but.........should we be worried about this or not? We can’t be saying on the one hand this is all fake then when an outbreak happens say jeez stay home. Our government is basically saying all is well don’t worry yet declare these emergency situations it doesn’t add up. Many people are taking this way less seriously due to the government handling of this.
                  Maybe it should be? Maybe not?
                  That is the big unknown because of the mixed message constantly being thrown around .
                  It’s like gun control , either it applies to all or it does not . This government and its political grandstanding is ridiculous lately

Comment

I’m not sure what the government could have done about the protests.

Call them all idiots, try and enforce the lock downs, risk Canada going full Minneapolis?

People are stupid and feel their ideals and rights and morals grant them immunity. Mother Nature is currently primed to show them exactly what she thinks of their rights and ideals.

Add to that the balancing act the governments are trying to manage between the economist doomsdayers and those protesters.... most of the places allowing groups here are to try and jumpstart businesses. It may or may not backfire.

I believe there’s an outbreak in Edmonton now. After months of them laughing at Calgary, a giant crowed at the legislative building and off they go. I’m just glad I’m not in an urban area and can easily avoid them when necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                      Apparently , now this is info that I heard , is that a colony west of Maple Creek close to the Sask / Ab border is where this originated. Also was told that one of the men was in at a local business or three , like nothing was wrong
                      In point of fact, there is nothing wrong with a healthy person going shopping. If you're so worried - stay home. The rest of us need to get on with our lives. If you're worried but out in public anyway - don't get in my space & I won't get in yours.

I agree completely - shaming people for living their lives is about as ignorant as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by bobofthenorth View Post
                        In point of fact, there is nothing wrong with a healthy person going shopping. If you're so worried - stay home. The rest of us need to get on with our lives. If you're worried but out in public anyway - don't get in my space & I won't get in yours.

I agree completely - shaming people for living their lives is about as ignorant as it gets.
                        missed the point entirely!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...