• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L233

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L233

Curious if anyone else grew L233 and find it slow as hell this year? Other varieties seem to be doing better.

Is it pure L233 or a blend disguised as 233?

Who knows and who monitors?

Fuel at the pumps just say ....may contain ethanol or biodiesel....no one monitors.
    Last edited by bucket; Jun 17, 2020, 11:31.

Comment

I hear you on that count. This year I have 233, 345 and 4539 in and the 233 seems slow. I blamed it on where I sowed it, little lighter ground, drier. It did out grow the flea beetles, but not by much.

Comment

We grew it once last year
        Never again
        Its as painful to watch as some nexeras , but seems to come through in the end
        Switch to P501L and you will never look back
        BASF can shove their multi size bags right up their arse
        Got a nice surprise with 1024 nexera
        Growing as good as the 501

Comment

All my canola was either very small (3.9-4.1 tkw) or large (6.0-7.3tkw). The smaller seed even with slightly higher seeding rate respectively seems slower and stagnant. The large seed seems to have more vigour and has looked good all season so far.

Comment

Originally posted by megrizzly View Post
            All my canola was either very small (3.9-4.1 tkw) or large (6.0-7.3tkw). The smaller seed even with slightly higher seeding rate respectively seems slower and stagnant. The large seed seems to have more vigour and has looked good all season so far.
            always been that way
            when the local guy used to clean canola when it was a free country , he also sized it , bigger the better
            some of this shit in basf bags i saw was dockage FFS
            pioneer seed was big and they GAVE extra bags for free to make up for it
            brevant nexera was big and we had to BUY extra bags to make up for it , at least its growing good also !
            quite a racket for basf , put tiny seed in bag , cut lbs of seed per bag , farmers arse burns, who *** cares

Comment

For something they nickname invigour I dont find these hybrids very vigourous out of the ground.

When they are in jungle mode though look out.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                always been that way
                when the local guy used to clean canola when it was a free country , he also sized it , bigger the better
                some of this shit in basf bags i saw was dockage FFS
                pioneer seed was big and they GAVE extra bags for free to make up for it
                brevant nexera was big and we had to BUY extra bags to make up for it , at least its growing good also !
                quite a racket for basf , put tiny seed in bag , cut lbs of seed per bag , farmers arse burns, who *** cares
                Pioneer rep here only gave free bags if over 6.0, 6.0 and under you were on your own. If thats not the case then will be done with Pioneer too. So fail to see how thats a benefit over large BASF bags.

Comment

we have some L255 not happy with vigor.

Comment

I grew nexara 1024 and L233 this year. So far the 1024 looks amazing and the L233 is meh. They are only separated by a road.

Comment

Originally posted by Rinker View Post
                      I grew nexara 1024 and L233 this year. So far the 1024 looks amazing and the L233 is meh. They are only separated by a road.
                      Let me guess A bags with the smallest seeds.

Comment

Saw a test plot at Scott Research station some years ago.

Three replicated plots all the same variety.
                        A nothing special OP variety popular at that time:

One was small early harvested red colored seed.

One was mid fall harvested mid sized seed.

One was big black late harvested seed.

You could have taken bets they were different varieties.

The big black seed was much more vigorous with leaves 3 times as big as the seed that was from the little red seed.

Scott used to have a field day that was well worth the time when Eric Johnston was running it.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                          Let me guess A bags with the smallest seeds.
                          The 1024 was 6.7 and L233 was 5.1. I should add the L233 was seeded 2 days after the 1024 but it looks more like 10 days behind. Time will tell I guess.

Comment

this little tiny shrivelled up seed basf is selling for $16/lb. is horseshit
                            big seed has more vigour , why don't the money hungry bastards size it like brevant , pioneer , etc.
                            our pioneer was 6.2, brevant nexera was 6.8 , they both sprang outta the ground and haven't looked back
                            Last edited by Guest; Jun 17, 2020, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              this little tiny shrivelled up seed basf is selling for $16/lb. is horseshit
                              big seed has more vigour , why don't the money hungry bastards size it like brevant , pioneer , etc.
                              our pioneer was 6.2, brevant nexera was 6.8 , they both sprang outta the ground and haven't looked back
                              I think they want half of it to die so you have to buy more seed

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...