• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourgault Releases

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Hell we use blends with 60% ESN and put it all in the seed row, even 100# equivalent down with canola in 3.5in spread tips. There is usually enough moisture to pull this off.

I can buy a lot of ESN before a $500k drill.

We have a couple guys who have gone back to broadcasting ahead of the drill to save time.
    our drill wouldn't fetch $20k at RBA, we don't use agrotain our ESN , maybe should , but it is working
    3.5" opener spread is your arse saver , these atom jets are only 1.5" wide total , leaves field quite smooth
    rode quad across a JD conservapack field , lord jesus , talk about rough , but never misses on growing

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      I thought someone said clockwise versus counter clockwise( or visa versa)around the obstacle makes a difference?
      Less seedrow " stacking"?

Anyone?
      Clockwise is better.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        We double shoot with an atom jet single wing opener , got up to 300 lbs product beside seed row on the highest end , on cereals, quite dry here but i dont think any damage to seed
        Can see where a fert boot was plugged already , sticks out like a sore thumb
        Raining here now !
        Wore out and broke a lot of sideband atom jets. Not enough separation for dry clay soils.

As the fert knife wears on a seed master the fert gets closer to the seed. Something to watch

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
          Wore out and broke a lot of sideband atom jets. Not enough separation for dry clay soils.

As the fert knife wears on a seed master the fert gets closer to the seed. Something to watch
          we have about 35000 ac on ours , sent them in last winter for re hard banding to atom jet . they were amazed at the minimal damage . whole bill only $1800, excellent service ! . i think our usually wet soils are a lot more forgiving than most

Comment

we have about 35000 ac on ours , sent them in last winter for re hard banding to atom jet . they were amazed at the minimal damage . whole bill only $1800, excellent service ! . i think our usually wet soils are a lot more forgiving than most
            I would assume there are not many rocks in your area....

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
              I would assume there are not many rocks in your area....
              Yea very few , lucky

Comment

Anyone running a P2060/Case 700 style??
                What openers you use?
                Of the 6 or so in our area. 1 Stealth, 1 Atom Jet, the rest are Dutch.
                C shank, paired row, fert with seed and down the middle.
                Bought with wore out Dutch. Didn't know better. Canola placement my complaint.
                Really have to slow down with these too I think. Straw management more critical too.

Comment

our drill wouldn't fetch $20k at RBA, we don't use agrotain our ESN , maybe should , but it is working
                  3.5" opener spread is your arse saver , these atom jets are only 1.5" wide total , leaves field quite smooth
                  rode quad across a JD conservapack field , lord jesus , talk about rough , but never misses on growing
                  We win, our 5710 might not get a BID at auction! 3" BG carbide front delivery spread seeds well. Packers are 5.5" Tires. Field is not rough, spray and swath across rows. Will post pics of worthless drilled canola and $500,000 drilled canola.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                    We win, our 5710 might not get a BID at auction! 3" BG carbide front delivery spread seeds well. Packers are 5.5" Tires. Field is not rough, spray and swath across rows. Will post pics of worthless drilled canola and $500,000 drilled canola.
                    there wasn't many 5710's with rubber tires , was there?

Comment

Not everyone farms table top flat black soil rich in humus capable of holding moisture or in areas that moisture is usually adequate.

Some land with its topography and soil quality is more forgiving and kind than others.....

......example, in some places you could drop the seeds on top and they'd grow a crop.

We had a 40 foot "blue flexicoil" with "near rigid" (about)13 foot sections....well in my topography that wasn't ideal either

Western Canada's Ag land covers a large area and is very diverse, what "works" in one area may not work as well in another.

Nothing is so good that it couldn't be improved upon.

Comment

A guy here was looking for a good low acre 5710 or a 5810. His brother has a 3320(10?), he choose the C-shank, not because he didn't think the paralink was any good...... cost/price and budget sensitive.
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 17, 2020, 19:52.

Comment

Not many, more sold in wetter MB. Works with wider openers, 4" would help. Less packing force, works well if rains. Cost per acre is only repairs, no depreciation on zero cost. Whereas $500,000 drill....half gone in 3 years

Comment

I can’t see the reason to have singulation on a 3320. Just go buy a real planter.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...