• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bourgault Releases

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bourgault Releases

Wow they’ve been busy. Looks like alot of new names and acronyms, same shitty design, just kidding. Alot of interesting stuff on the air planter. Looks like they going after the seed twins with the dual shank, but thats only for high rate of starter, ya ok.....

The great equalizer is rain. No doubt some work better in certain conditions than others but in the end rain fixes alot(unless your dealing with excess).

Comment

You guys ....everyone knows a new decal solves the problem.....

Sarcasm....

Comment

Sounds like this might be a make over, I'm going to sell 2-3 quarters of land and buy one!

Comment

Me too

Comment

And I'll put the old 5000 single shoot in the field next year again for the price tag of a new one...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Me too
              That makes two "too schtoopit" people

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                That makes two "too schtoopit" people
                yup but i like the company...

Comment

The seed singulation drill would be a nice fit for farms growing cereals, corn, soybeans and canola. One machine can seed and fertilize it in one pass. Certainly not needed on my farm.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Hopefully Gerry and his followers understand 12,000 lbs of mrb to maintain and lug around to place fertilizer to far away from the plant are not needed !
                    Seedrow distance to fert in midrow is rearing its ugly head again in Ghetto Central. There is 70 lbs of 24-32-0 in the seed row to try and tide it over until it reaches the fert in the midrow. This is probably one of those yesrs where roots are traveling vertically down keeping up with depleting moisture rather than growing laterally in abundant moisture. That fùùùcken drill was developed for the northern grainbelt where moisture is more abundant. Although every area has it's anomaly now and then.

Seems we're always one rain away from a drought in Ghetto Central. We can hang on a bit yet but the wheat definitely looks like it's beginning to struggle, especially on pulse and flax stubble. Soon yeild will start coming off the top, if it hasn't already, we are in the beginning of the third week in June already......

Comment

We double shoot with an atom jet single wing opener , got up to 300 lbs product beside seed row on the highest end , on cereals, quite dry here but i dont think any damage to seed
                      Can see where a fert boot was plugged already , sticks out like a sore thumb
                      Raining here now !

Comment

Seedmaster seed damage half the drill every turn around sloughs getting sick of that shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                          Seedmaster seed damage half the drill every turn around sloughs getting sick of that shit.
                          I thought someone said clockwise versus counter clockwise( or visa versa)around the obstacle makes a difference?
                          Less seedrow " stacking"?

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                            atom jet openers on a single edge on shank doesn't do that at least , but the high product rates make me nervous , all our canola is nh3'd in fall and floated , but have occaionally gone to 280 lbs product shot beside canola that was juiced with only a 3/4" separation, and no problems

Comment

Hell we use blends with 60% ESN and put it all in the seed row, even 100# equivalent down with canola in 3.5in spread tips. There is usually enough moisture to pull this off.

I can buy a lot of ESN before a $500k drill.

We have a couple guys who have gone back to broadcasting ahead of the drill to save time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...