• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you read articles and the local news????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you read articles and the local news????

Does it ever make you wonder....a couple of examples...

1. When pulse canada says India is going to reduce tariffs ....wasnt that already built in when graincos started raising prices months ago....and why were farmers not informed then?

2. You read about a losing a generation in the cattle business and you see it coming when young guys start to sell out to larger BTOs and no one gives a shit....the policies developed have gotten us to this point...

3. How can farm groups present the bills from individual farmers and the ag minister twists it over the entire farm population to work the fed's numbers...

4. Land purchases with 1970s grain prices....making it up on volume....

5 Suicides because guys are losing a 6th generation farm....its not mental health problems....its that financiallly farmers are not even supported the same way the average person being paid to watch netflix is....wait til CERB runs out and the same thing will happen....DO more AG will become DO more Public....

Some quick and easy math if an american farmer grows a 150 bpa of corn at 3 bucks thats the equivalent of a 60 bpa canola crop....plus they are getting farm payments on top of that....

Then of course there is the farm with 5 numbered companies having access to the business loans which allows them to stack more dollars per acre subsidy....on the 10000 dollar grant at the end...

A solution would be a per acre payment. Zero interest on all cash advances . And of course the same 25% grant at the end of the advance...

None of it will happen with the lobbyists farmers have.

Everyone remember the last time that farms were allowed large write downs to stay in business ....its going to happen again ....why you ask.....

They have a new generation of lenders that don't know better......and there is a generation of farmers that know the workings...young lenders....a second generation of scammers.....sadly those guys are the ones considered good farm businessmen...sign for top dollar but pay 10 cents on the dollar in the end...
    Last edited by bucket; Jun 12, 2020, 08:45.

I was chatting to national leasing. I bought bins from them when I bought some more land about 12 yrs ago. Looking a smallish equip lease. I casually asked if we have a disaster year, is there any clause that we cna skip a payment.

He said no worries, it takes 2 years by law to start an action against someone who hasn't paid their lease. He says he has farmers who haven't paid a dime on leases and continue to use the equipment.

Looks like rolling leases is another scam in our system. Canadian ag looks more ponzi like everyday.
    Last edited by jazz; Jun 12, 2020, 08:05.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      I was chatting to national leasing. I bought bins from them when I bought some more land about 12 yrs ago. Looking a smallish equip lease. I casually asked if we have a disaster year, is there any clause that we cna skip a payment.

He said no worries, it takes 2 years by law to start an action against someone who hasn't paid their lease. He says he has farmers who haven't paid a dime on leases and continue to use the equipment.

Looks like rolling leases is another scam in our system. Canadian ag looks more ponzi like everyday.
      Two years of no lease payments and then magically a new line of equipment....I get it now....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...