• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current weather pattern has Montana lows going north is a blocking pattern forming.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current weather pattern has Montana lows going north is a blocking pattern forming.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD976496-49E7-4414-A98C-EDB777882E50.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	779399

Since the jet stream moved to summer mode or is starting to move. Is a blocking pattern forming and not allowing rain to move to east side of Saskatchewan.

West side is soaked and some places up to 8 inches since spring.

We’re at 1.44.

Yes we have lots of ground moisture and roots are going down it’s not about me.

I am wondering who else is noticing this.

Montana lows come north and then continue straight north.

Spring 2020 is interesting to say the least.

**** covid it’s riot season.

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    [ATTACH]6196[/ATTACH]

Since the jet stream moved to summer mode or is starting to move. Is a blocking pattern forming and not allowing rain to move to east side of Saskatchewan.

West side is soaked and some places up to 8 inches since spring.

We’re at 1.44.

Yes we have lots of ground moisture and roots are going down it’s not about me.

I am wondering who else is noticing this.

Montana lows come north and then continue straight north.

Spring 2020 is interesting to say the least.

**** covid it’s riot season.
    Very noticeable here , it has been over a decade that we have had moisture like this .
    We have been in that blocking pattern for a long time .
    Hopefully the SE gets some decent rains soon

Comment

Weather is one thing that I am very interested in. Climate change BS that chuck posts I don't even care about.

Blocking patterns do happen and every once in a while they hit the east side.

Will it break down and move or stay all summer.

A good Hurricane in the Gulf might do that but then my home down south could have some issues.

But it seems that when a weather pattern starts it stays for 30 to 40 days. Does that put us in mid-July? Our roots can go deep but not sure that deep.

Comment

We have had 1.4 inches since May 1, 3 tenths is all we got last wk end. All the monstrosity winds took the first inch away.
        To have basically nothing from a Montana low is very concerning. We have gotten some big rains from a Montana in previous years. We don’t get moisture from BC, and Alberta, all those go to central and northern SK.
        June is our rain month, and the long range isn’t pointing to very much much coming. I sure hope the forecasters are wrong ..... AGAIN!!

Comment

I feel sorry for the guys in NW Sask and Alberta who are swamped.
          Some of you have dealt with that before.
          Crops not seeded or already drowned out . Not a good situation at all .
          We have dealt with too dry many times but not wet like some have or are experiencing.
          Makes farming extremely challenging to say the least

Comment

One year we grew a crop on less than about 4 inches.....not a bad crop at all....2016, 3.62 inches, timing must have been better than 2017.

2017 wasn't good here at all...3.05 is what I have recorded in the growing season

2018, 8.77 inches during growing season.

2019, 8.56 inches to mid August. April to end of Sept....12.59 inches that is where our 2020 subsoil moisture came from and most of it only after June 19th, but it definitely won't take us through the season.

2020, 1.25 inches so far.

Some of those years has a light blanket of snow(immeasurable water equivelant to me, but beneficial none-the-less)

Comment

That block will give way around the solstice and we will get moisture every week and a 60 bu canola crop ready to harvest nov 1.

Comment

Sounds pretty Jazzy, Lucky we stored up a little moisture last fall.

Comment

Sounds delusionally hopeful to me!

Comment

The beetles ate my canola so I am drilling in durum today. 90 days to historical first frost. Gotta get something established on this field.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      The beetles ate my canola so I am drilling in durum today. 90 days to historical first frost. Gotta get something established on this field.
                      Aaaaaah farming, it's so easy. Right furrow?

Comment

Decent amounts for some of the dryer areas this Sunday. Maybe...

Comment

What ever happened to Idaho Lows?

Comment

I am happy missing these big spring rains. To many times in my farming career big June rains have swamped my fields and left me with drowned out crop that yields poor.

5 inch thunderstorm last Aug.4 last summer left a muddy rut filled harvest with my fields water logged that carried over to this spring with seeding everything on the wet side. The moisture has been right at the surface all along this spring and don't think i would need a rain until the Canada day weekend at the earliest.

Comment

Some cereals on lighter ground are out of moisture and turning brown around here. She ain't pretty. Wish I could trade shoes with someone complaining about too much moisture instead of having to squint to see rows from the road.
                              Last edited by biglentil; Jun 10, 2020, 17:20.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...