• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain event Big Disappointment for Some!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain event Big Disappointment for Some!

I like a gentle rain after seeding it helps with any screw-up and gets the crop off to a good start. Well for about a week before they talked and talked about a rain event for Friday till Tuesday.

Well, let's just say it was like Trudeau lots of hype and zero I mean zero substance.

4/10 is the total for our area, and if you go west of us, it drops off fast. Some may be a tenth.

Wind oh they got that so right it's not even funny any more.

Now I will agree when I got Drews forecast late Friday afternoon; he didn't really seem that confident in rain for the east side of Sask. It just seemed to me he wasn't that happy with what we will get.

Well, I now can see why.

So since snow went were sitting at 1.44 of an inch. .43 came since Friday. The wind took probably 3/4 of an inch out of the ground.

What did others get? Some on the Westside had the second payday.

2.1” over the weekend. Close to 5.5” since snow melt.

Comment

That is a very decent amount. West Side?

Our plants that are established will go down for moisture that we got last fall. Ah farming where mother nature picks winners and losers.

Comment

.23, might get more today but by the looks of radar we're in the "rain evaporator zone" again.

Comment

1.5 to over 2 in across most of NW Sask
          But some big areas along the Parkland north of here have had 4-6 inches on wet ground .. way too much . Crops in big trouble

Comment

8/10" here - Buchanan - east central. I didn't think it was amounting to much but that's what the gauge said. It looks to be shaping up as one of those years where we get local showers rather than general rains.

Comment

We had nothing more than a dry hurricane.

Comment

Yea I remember those years when the rain just circled in the same place for two to three days. Round and round and inch or more at a time. Creeks ran all summer. Oh well, no panic yet but don't like the pattern that is setting up for this year.

Comment

2" this weekend totaling around 8 since snow melted. Spraying gonna be fun. Plenty of unseeded land around as well. North of here has had a bit more. All the rain is stuck up around here again.

Comment

9.5 tenths, north of Archerwill, like Bob said didn't seem to be amounting to much, but that is what the gauge said.

Comment

.4 tenths up here in the NE. Just perfect with all the moisture we have in the ground already.

Comment

We got 6/10s yesterday taking us to 2” for the year. We didn’t need it. If we get more today it will start drowning out as the low spots are already starting to hold water.

Comment

Close to two inches 30 miles north of Saskatoon. About 4 inches since snow melt. Some water standing in low spots that were seeded through.

Comment

Feeling fortunate we got an inch.

Comment

Just over half an inch over the weekend, that gives us 3.75” since May 1. Happy with the rain but tired of the wind for sure.
                              Last edited by Hamloc; Jun 8, 2020, 07:36.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...