• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big time blowing in the Wascana Flats. Reseeding of sheered-off lentils on fields that were burnt black. Entire 3 section blocks with zero visibility all day Wednesday, same Thursday - fall cultivated, harrowed and spring pre-work pulverized the top just prime for take-off. Local pilot flying around today says wind piled up straw, not pretty. Wind - stop already!

Comment

.......and I think to myself, why aren't we heavy harrowing everything and rolling everything in the Ghetto? Sometimes for no good reason. Saw a patch of ground beside highway 11 that blew so hard there were soil dunes in the ditch.

Piece of ground beside us saw a heavy harrowing(pea stubble), seeded, harrow packed then sprayed, maybe the weed growth held it in place.

Ghetto dirt suffered past degradation because of some poor farming practices, why would I risk it now?
      Burning black and vertical tillage can be soil's nemesis. I don't understand burning black and VT has it's time and place, don't make poor choices!

It's always the best part of the soil that is blown away.
      If the wind was strong enough to nearly tip three of our hopper bins the other night....I can imagine what it would do to a barren open field prone to erosion.
      Last edited by farmaholic; May 29, 2020, 22:02.

Comment

Dry it out harrow the shit and pro till might grow a crop then.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
          Local pilot flying around today says wind piled up straw, not pretty. Wind - stop already!
          Was that "local pilot" on a reconnaissance flight over the Ghetto a coupal of weeks ago?
          Thought I saw a couple of fly-bys.

Comment

That’s too funny😂

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200531-065345.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	769756

My goodness.....

Comment

Yup , our first taste of big wind coming ..

Comment

WN guess up to an INCH total for us by next Sunday? Watch if it EVAPORATES a few miles away.

Comment

Watch it evaporate in Monday's forecast...

A week out isn't reliable....

Its sort of like me trying to figured out if a cow will calf....I couldn't guess it if she calved yesterday...

Same goes for the rain forecast....if it hasn't rained chances are the forecast is wrong....

Some sarcasm ...some truth...

Comment

What is so disturbing is these winds aren't even "storm" related.

Sickening

Edit in: "here anyway".
                      Last edited by farmaholic; May 31, 2020, 14:35.

Comment

Red Deer getting hammered...windy?

Comment

87 mph. Winds. Echo Lake rough but I’ve seen it rougher.
                          Last edited by sumdumguy; May 31, 2020, 14:40.

Comment

It’s mud first and wind is second thing I hate mud is gone just stupid wind now. New bin site doesn’t like the wind need more rocky gravel.

Done seeding this morning.

Few early seeders of canola have issues with bugs.

Comment

This wind is nuts. two more days here we go again.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...