• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Efficiency and costs...?????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    STR1, if you're left with only six feet at the end of the field, is it possible to take that amount and divide it by the number of passes you make across the field and just decrease your overlap by that amount per pass. If you have any room to spare.

It may not work well depending on your drill width and/or if you overlap at all.
    Yep that would work. Maybe its 30’...... it was only an example.
    Last edited by STR1; May 27, 2020, 19:27.

Comment

In most cases, the double seed/fertilizer areas might surprise you with $ per acre return as those areas are often in low lying high productive soil zones

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        In the Ghetto we lift them up with a pallet fork on the FEL.
        here too , morris industries missed that bit of info

Comment

You know your own operation best.
          New or 8 yrs from new? LoL
          Means a difference in features and how well they worked.
          Which manufacturer?
          If trading someday, an oddball may hurt. Remember, biggest today, most wanted tomorrow.
          I have had 2 drills now with sect control on the liquid fert but not air cart. Remember, 8-9 ft sections.
          47' and a 60'.
          Depending on drill, field, and year.
          4% to a Max extreme 20% acre difference between the two monitors on acres.
          Depending on accuracy of drill monitor perhaps or size of drill. This year, mega water but newer tech drill in 60', 4-5% spread.
          Independent openers increase that I'm sure.
          Fill times or acres per fill???
          Which more important.
          Manpower???? Distance?

Just my situation only. But I paid $95k for an 8 year old pristine drill and largest cart at time. 580.
          Deluxe auger never used.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...