• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO2 levels too low?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Hardly anyone takes the climate change denial bullshit seriously. You sure don't hear any Canadian politicians like Moe, Ford, Kenney, Mckay or O'toole saying the science is flawed do you?

Give up! Nobody is listening!
    Nope because politicians have mastered.the art of fence sitting and sometimes not even answering the questions asked. Broadway would be envious of the song and dance performances of politicians. In private they're good at gauging the mood and opinion of who they're talking to and with discretion telling them what they want to hear.

Ask Andrew Scheer about political suicide.
    Last edited by farmaholic; May 25, 2020, 14:12.

Comment

And why wouldn't ALL fence sitting politicians/BILLIONAIRES, take the Taxpayers $$?Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	769740

Click image for larger version

Name:	024.JPG
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	769741

Name:	2008.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	769742

Comment

That's a lame stale argument that somehow climate science is like a religion. LMAO.

When you make statements like that you have obviously run out of facts and evidence to dispute the overwhelming scientific consensus. Is the science that the earth round also a religious view? There are a few who still believe it is flat and it's a scientific conspiracy.

Science that supports medicine, technology and innovation is what has powered the modern world. Do you believe all the science that has delivered us to this point is like a religion?

It is science that proved evolution instead of creation. Although I am sure there are many right wing christian fundamentalists that still don't believe in evolution. Probably still some right here on sillyville.

Equating the scientific consensus on human caused climate change to a religion is absolute malarkey. Climate scientists build upon previous science and use peer review to challenge each other all the time. If your science is flawed then it will be challenged. Science and understanding evolves as knowledge and technology produces greater understanding. Science is not static nor perfect.

But you don't do your own dentistry or surgery do you? Maybe you do? Do you want an expert surgeon who has been trained properly? Or would the neighbor down the road be sufficient.

Who do you want doing climate science? Those who who have been trained and have the knowledge to understand it or the neighbor down the road who doesn't know the difference between weather and climate but has an opinion?

It's no surprise that most of the opposition to doing anything about climate change is also coming from people who are most likely to be skeptical of the science. Most of your opposition and skepticism is obviously politically based. Its the radical anti-science, anti-evidence and anti government fringe at work. Prone to conspiracy theories, its a fraud, a scam etc, etc..

Hardly anyone takes the climate change denial bullshit seriously. You sure don't hear any Canadian politicians like Moe, Ford, Kenney, Mckay or O'toole saying the science is flawed do you?

Give up! Nobody is listening!
        Can you read?!?! I never said anything about climate change being a religion! What I asked is how in practical terms you see us reaching net zero. I wanted you to show me where in the world they are building solar panels and windmills with the sole energy source being wind and solar generated electricity. What I wanted was what you see as a practical plan, not computer models and cut and paste!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
          Can you read?!?! I never said anything about climate change being a religion! What I asked is how in practical terms you see us reaching net zero. I wanted you to show me where in the world they are building solar panels and windmills with the sole energy source being wind and solar generated electricity. What I wanted was what you see as a practical plan, not computer models and cut and paste!!!
          he never reads , mind closed

Comment

You have a CULTIST stumped...there is NO answer that is possible with out a total DESTRUCTION of society.

Comment

There is an undisputed life in Scientology as well. Don’t dare speak out , don’t dare expose the truth, or you will be ridiculed and cast out
              .. kinda sounds familiar now a days . Last time time I looked Canada was a Democratic society, not a cult or North Korea where absolutely no one dare speak out against the government lol

Comment

Gullible people being gulled, wealth transfer 101, do you see a similarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmGmGnkBVM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmGmGnkBVM

Comment

Chucks sense of humour knows no bounds. After lecturing us for years about not believing in climate change, he is now preaching from the pulpit that CC isn't a religion.
                  Anyone care to count how many times Chuck has used the word believe and science in the same sentence?

Maybe that is why he keeps adding LOL, every post is a joke, it just takes a few years to get to the punchline.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    The comments about climate science being like a religion were not directed to you.

The fossil fuel era is still with us. We are still going to need them for a long transition. Fossil fuels will still be used for feed stock for manufacturing. Windmills and solar energy will not replace all fossil fuels. Renewable electricity is part of the solution.

We already have countries that have significant renewable capacity to produce electricity including the US and Great Britain and Canada if you count hydro in the mix.. Solar panels and windmills are manufactured in many countries not just China.

Denmark's Vestas Wind Systems A/S is a Danish manufacturer, seller, installer, and servicer of wind turbines that was founded in 1945. The company operates manufacturing plants in Denmark, Germany, India, Italy, Romania, the United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Australia, China, Brazil[2] and the United States,[3] and employs more than 24,400 people globally.[4]

Denmark is also one of the countries with the highest amount renewable electricity. Over 50% mostly wind.

What will replace fossil fuels? Only time will tell what the winners and losers are. The transition to cleaner energy is well underway. And neither you or I will be around to see it in its entirety.
                    Last edited by chuckChuck; May 26, 2020, 06:57.

Comment

Denmark's Vestas Wind Systems A/S is a Danish manufacturer, seller, installer, and servicer of wind turbines that was founded in 1945. The company operates manufacturing plants in Denmark, Germany, India, Italy, Romania, the United Kingdom, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Australia, China, Brazil[2] and the United States,[3] and employs more than 24,400 people globally.[4]

Denmark is also one of the countries with the highest amount renewable electricity. Over 50% mostly wind.

Isn't that wonderful for them and the DUMMIES doing GREEN in Europe...3 years ago probably DOUBLED now, most turdbines in the garbage can several times since 1945!

Name:	electricity-prices-europe-2017.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	769743

Comment

Renewable electricity is part of the solution.
                        Solution to what? That pesky problem of affordable and reliable energy? The tragedy of having a functioning economy and improving standard of living?

Perhaps you should define the problem that requires a solution, before skipping right into the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          Solution to what? That pesky problem of affordable and reliable energy? The tragedy of having a functioning economy and improving standard of living?

Perhaps you should define the problem that requires a solution, before skipping right into the solution.
                          Since you still don't know what the problem is what is the point in discussing the science of climate change? LOL Here is some more reading on the problem. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/27/hadley-climate-centre-turns-30-the-human-fingerprint-is-everywhere https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/27/hadley-climate-centre-turns-30-the-human-fingerprint-is-everywhere

Hey flip out thanks for posting the list of residential electricity prices from Europe.

There is quite a range of prices from a high of 30.5 per Kwh in Denmark and a low of 9.6 per kwh. There is no mention of currency so we will have to assume the Euro.

Those prices seem relatively reasonable considering that Europeans pay a lot more for just about everything. Some are paying less than what we pay in Saskatchewan for mostly fossil based electricity. And much less than many large US cities in the north east.

Denmark's proportion of taxes and levies is very high so their generation costs are perhaps low?

Without some insight into to each countries grid system and how much they have invested in renewables and what the taxes and levies are for it is hard to draw conclusions.

Of particular note are several countries where prices have risen below inflation rates or actually dropped. The Netherlands for example has seen a drop of 13%. Norway -3% ,
                          Italy -4%, Cyprus -9%.

The UK rates have risen only 10% in 10 years which is well below inflation.

Now A5 are you still going to tell us that "everywhere" that countries have adopted more renewables that their electricity prices have risen? Because Flip out's chart of prices says that is not true.

I am willing to bet that in several of the countries where prices have dropped or risen modestly that there has been increased adoption of renewables. The UK, Netherlands have adopted a lot of wind power for example.

A5 is it time for you to eat crow?
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; May 27, 2020, 06:52.

Comment

Since you still don't know what the problem is what is the point in discussing the science of climate change? LOL Here is some more reading on the problem. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/27/hadley-climate-centre-turns-30-the-human-fingerprint-is-everywhere https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may/27/hadley-climate-centre-turns-30-the-human-fingerprint-is-everywhere

Hey flip out thanks for posting the list of residential electricity prices from Europe.

There is quite a range of prices from a high of 30.5 per Kwh in Denmark and a low of 9.6 per kwh. There is no mention of currency so we will have to assume the Euro.

Those prices seem relatively reasonable considering that Europeans pay a lot more for just about everything. Some are paying less than what we pay in Saskatchewan for mostly fossil based electricity. And much less than many large US cities in the north east.

Denmark's proportion of taxes and levies is very high so their generation costs are perhaps low?

Without some insight into to each countries grid system and how much they have invested in renewables and what the taxes and levies are for it is hard to draw conclusions.

Of particular note are several countries where prices have risen below inflation rates or actually dropped. The Netherlands for example has seen a drop of 13%. Norway -3% ,
                            Italy -4%, Cyprus -9%.

The UK rates have risen only 10% in 10 years which is well below inflation.

Now A5 are you still going to tell us that "everywhere" that countries have adopted more renewables that their electricity prices have risen? Because Flip out's chart of prices says that is not true.

I am willing to bet that in several of the countries where prices have dropped or risen modestly that there has been increased adoption of renewables. The UK, Netherlands have adopted a lot of wind power for example.

A5 is it time for you to eat crow?
                            Sorry, fjlip must have forgotten your in ability to comprehend simple math and numbers. Here is a visual of European electricity prices vs % renewables.

Name:	elec.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	769744

Name:	elec.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	769745
                            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 27, 2020, 07:16.

Comment

I may be wrong but...
                              For some of Chuck's responses; if we were to replace the word carbon with eugenics, it would be hard to tell in which decade it was written.
                              Today or the 1930s.
                              And that theory lasted several decades.

Comment

A5. have you finally dropped the "everywhere" idea? LOL

No comment on some exceptions to your ill thought out golden rule? What about the countries that have adopted lots of renewables where prices have risen below inflation rates or actually dropped. The Netherlands for example has seen a drop of 13%. Norway -3%, Italy -4%. Whats your explanation?

A5 you are certainly good at broad sweeping generalizations that don't apply everywhere. But you are not good at gathering the facts and details or understanding complex issues that require more than arm chair expertise and self declared authority.

Happy Seeding!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...