• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saline spots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had an area thirty years ago that grew nothing an old timer told me how to get rid of it. In the fall I worked it as deep as i could with the cultivator wing up two or three time and dried it out. In the spring i did the same thing. It was scheduled to be summer fallow that year and every time I worked it I worked that area deep as I could then worked the whole field the regular depth. Every time it rained I dried it out. the same thing the next spring before seeding. Grew canola on it that year and it was gone . New owners are still getting a good crop off it. His theory was to get the salt back down where it came from. salt was no problem in the early days because they plowed every spring and the hard pan was deep .

Comment

We have been using a ripper but only did one pass. Maybe a guy should cross rip? We're we have ripped couple times over seems to help but it doesn't fix over night that's for sure. Need a d11 with a 5 foot ripper

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...