• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain All Around

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get ready Farmaholic, batten the hatches!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Get ready Farmaholic, batten the hatches!
      Spreading the left over fert.
      Looks promising.

Comment

Here comes RAIN farma...Enjoy the smell! We got a whopping 1/4 inch, maybe a start, it rains where it rains...humidity was 40% , so how could it even start to rain?

Comment

Well the heavier rains missed us but the Horsch was up to 8.2 mph to get done today.
          Was on a good flat field , but she done ✅

Comment

2 tenths here. Maybe grass or SF3 can help me out? Was that a rain or a tinkle?

Comment

Thankful to catch a little rain shower. The smell outside brings me to my knees. We needed just at least a drop of moisture to weather this hot upcoming weekend and another 1” in a week or so would be “royal with cheese”

Comment

My daughter in Regina sent a Snap Chat of a decent rain and hail storm about supper time. That must have hit some?

Here we don't need rain but it will rain anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                  My daughter in Regina sent a Snap Chat of a decent rain and hail storm about supper time. That must have hit some?

Here we don't need rain but it will rain anyway.
                  we need it , send it over please

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    we need it , send it over please
                    Please take it from me

Got another inch at home today and about 3/10” at the yard we were loading yearlings at. Had to unload on the road as the approach and field is soupy even though it’s a hilltop. Started checking over the corn planter but with the latest dump and the crummy forecast maybe we should put it away.

They weren’t calling for anything today but it’s so wet that anything sets it off. Never collected on unseeded acres before but this could be the year. Really would love to get the corn in but I’m not fighting it. Done that too many times and just leads to frustration in the fall.

We have enough feed on hand for about two years so that may play a factor in my care-less attitude. It’s just burning so much time to get so little done because of mud, snow, and cold that my family time is nearly nonexistent.

Sun....... where art thou?

Comment

A whopping tenth.

I think the gauge caught more tear drops than rain drops .....as I spent all night checking the funnel wasn't plugged and it was actually functional.

How long will the tenth last with hurricane winds

I'm not ungreatful....I'm realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                        Please take it from me

Got another inch at home today and about 3/10” at the yard we were loading yearlings at. Had to unload on the road as the approach and field is soupy even though it’s a hilltop. Started checking over the corn planter but with the latest dump and the crummy forecast maybe we should put it away.

They weren’t calling for anything today but it’s so wet that anything sets it off. Never collected on unseeded acres before but this could be the year. Really would love to get the corn in but I’m not fighting it. Done that too many times and just leads to frustration in the fall.

We have enough feed on hand for about two years so that may play a factor in my care-less attitude. It’s just burning so much time to get so little done because of mud, snow, and cold that my family time is nearly nonexistent.

Sun....... where art thou?
                        You sound worse than us but same problem here, daily showers, started back seeding today after last weeks monsoon, going around wet spots I've never seen before. Only 1/3 done so a ways to go. If I here one more person comment that we had a nice rain I'm gonna snap!

Comment

We had .4” last week and .5” yesterday, perfect for germination. It could of held off for another 2 hours, 40 acres left to seed. This is the best spring we have had in many years, last few years our first rains were mid June and before that wet all the time, I’ll take dry anytime as long as I don’t have to deal with some of the wet years we had in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            A whopping tenth.

I think the gauge caught more tear drops than rain drops .....as I spent all night checking the funnel wasn't plugged and it was actually functional.

we got a tenth and a half , went out to finish the LAST ! ten acres but raining again .
                            drills gonna work good now

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              A whopping tenth.

You just need a bigger funnel on top of your gauge to solve your moisture woes ............. I should take mine off. Voila!

Comment

up to 3 tenths , still coming

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...