• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back issues

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back issues

Who else on here has back problems?

I think back a over the years and all the grain shoveling and rock and root picking. Farmers are always bent over doing those jobs.

After a long spell of maybe 5 years my back has been good but then last night I bent over wrong and feel a funny pull and then spend most of the day on the couch. Frustrating!!

Yes. Same goes here. Slipped and fell off the tractor a couple days ago. Not as graceful as I used to be. I definitely don't bounce.

Twisted my knee and just now able be mobile. I guess my son is going to get some hours on the seeder. He has seeded in the past but not days in a row. But I guess it is baptism by fire.

Comment

For me it's ice and a bit of muscle relaxant, not much relaxant because I don't think it's reslly that good for you. Maybe another anti-inflammatory on the side (Ibuprofen?).

For me it feels like the sacroiliac joint is out. It might well be but a visit to the Chiro and the above home treatments usually eases the pain OVER TIME. When it's real bad muscles start pulling in all directions trying to stabilize the joint. Tightness equals pain. At times muscles are pulling so hard it feels like I have an inguinal hernia, or someone is trying to pull one of my nuts out of my body... pelvic floor muscles pulling. Not fun.

One real bad thing that happened one time after a Chiro visit was I developed sciatica in my leg. That was bad, worse than the sacroiliac joint discomfort, I'm not small and am quite flexible, my Chiro is stalky and strong, I think he adjusted me too hard, now I'm kinda scared of going back. I became pretty much useless, if there was any thing positive about it-- it happened during down time(Not seeding or harvesting). Never want that again, did I mention I never want that again.

Pinched nerves suck, herniated discs must suck too.
      Lift with legs and tightened core muscles, but what happens when the knees start acting up? Out to pasture I guess.

Comment

Yet another misleading thread title.
        I saw that farmaholic had posted, So I assume it was going to be a thread about the back issues of the magazines where he got the pictures of the short shorts the other day.

Was kind of hoping he was posting more pics from his collection of back issues, but from the girly magazines instead this time.

Comment

Used to get a small kid to walk on my back when I was younger now an electric zaper does wonders.

Comment

Thought I had back/hamstring related issue for years was me hip stuffed nothing to with back spent shitloads on chiropractic therapy rip off merchants, assured me it wasn’t my hip. Got done at 43

Comment

Apparently caused by to much sex in my youth bah ha ha ....... thought I would give someone a giggle hope you didn’t snot in your morning coffee cheers guys

Comment

Sorŕy to disappoint you AF5.
                Let's change the thread title to "back aches". Clear up any confusion.
                Hope no one starts a thread about hemorrhoids, aka pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
                  Apparently caused by to much sex in my youth bah ha ha ....... thought I would give someone a giggle hope you didn’t snot in your morning coffee cheers guys
                  Or not enough sex mid-life and you seized up.

Seriously? You had a hip replacement at 43? Seems awful young.

Comment

Not into chiropractors - prefer drugs, maybe smoke a little pot if I had aches and pains.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Hope no one starts a thread about hemorrhoids, aka pain in the ass.
                      Because we have enough threads about Trudeau already!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Not into chiropractors - prefer drugs, maybe smoke a little pot if I had aches and pains.
                        I'm prescribing an anti-inflammatory to anyone who reads one of my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          Or not enough sex mid-life and you seized up.

Seriously? You had a hip replacement at 43? Seems awful young.
                          Our daughters friend had one at 17 , again at 35

Comment

I wouldn’t normally say I have a bad back but it sure buggered up in me earlier this year. Pulled a muscle chasing cows in the mud years ago and every now and then it flairs up. Have no desire to go to a chiropractor so tried out a massage therapist instead. Worked amazing. She said it was most likely a QL issue which caused hip and quad issues as everything just tightened up so I was a 90 degree person.

Haven’t been back for another massage yet, which I should. Also kind of encouraged me to get into some sort of stretching, like yoga, to try and help. Also something I haven’t really gotten around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                              I wouldn’t normally say I have a bad back but it sure buggered up in me earlier this year. Pulled a muscle chasing cows in the mud years ago and every now and then it flairs up. Have no desire to go to a chiropractor so tried out a massage therapist instead. Worked amazing. She said it was most likely a QL issue which caused hip and quad issues as everything just tightened up so I was a 90 degree person.

Haven’t been back for another massage yet, which I should. Also kind of encouraged me to get into some sort of stretching, like yoga, to try and help. Also something I haven’t really gotten around to.
                              Yes stretching is very important.
                              What is the first thing a dog does after it gets up from a rest? Stretch. (No not a riddle or trick question AF5)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...