• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring flax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're headed into other ventures, have you thought of honey production to earn extra money too.
    I don't know how intense it is but I'm sure there are lots of Producers who could offer advice.
    Is there alot of room left for new entrants?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      To those who have pm’ed me. I will respond later on. I appreciate it very much. I just have to get back at it now.
      If I had the choice to combine 1 bu of flax out of the muck every day for the rest of my life or have Trudeau as PM again, the choice would be a slam-dunk.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        If you're headed into other ventures, have you thought of honey production to earn extra money too.
        I don't know how intense it is but I'm sure there are lots of Producers who could offer advice.
        Is there alot of room left for new entrants?
        We do honey already! Lol. It is indeed a great venture, especially in certain markets. Same as the sheep though, it all costs money to expand. My son especially loves the bees, I am encouraging him strongly to pursue it as a way to farm. You literally pull money out of thin air once you are set up. Er, I should say out of other people’s plants!

We do chickens, pork, turkeys, lamb, goat, and honey.

Comment

Without knowing all your details maybe look at selling or renting some to the BTOs who are paying big $$ and make sure you get top dollar when you do it. you could take the money from the sale or rental to expand your livestock ventures if that is where you feel you can make a solid business. Maybe you could farm livestock debt free and be much more content. Like you said maybe sell off combine if you dont need it any more. all the best

Comment

I hear your frustration. Nothing wrong with charting a different course. I admire those that can come up with an effective solution to a problem. I think others have made some valid suggestions. Sell unneeded equipment. Rent your land on a short term basis. Not sure of your land base but maybe you tackle one quarter a year to seed to grass and fence. This would allow you to partially grow from your own stock and maybe buy a few ewes.

Sounds to me you have the makings of a great farmers market booth with multiple products from your own farm. Maybe think of viable options to round out your selection.

Good luck.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...