• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring flax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring flax

Going between one and two bushels an acre. And ugly as sin. Disgusted, disheartened, fed up, emotions just hit me today.

Fire stick

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      Going between one and two bushels an acre. And ugly as sin. Disgusted, disheartened, fed up, emotions just hit me today.
      Thats why the price went up to 16.30 around this area....I figured something was up when more than 30 percent of the flax was still out over winter...

No worries there sheepwheat ... agristability will help out ...right?????

Comment

Nieghbor combining canola today with a match
        Looks like it has some oil in it Click image for larger version

Name:	9F847A0C-C0EC-4D5C-B3C5-6C16A34C447D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	769693

Comment

A neighbor says his canola a #3, another says SAMPLE. All dry though.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            No worries there sheepwheat ... agristability will help out ...right?????
            ....only if he's BELOW about 60% of his reference margin, If he's well below he has bigger problems than AgStabMe-in-the-back is DESIGNED to fix!

And then there's crop insurance, where is wiseguy? SCIC's cheerleader and spokesman.

Comment

Canola that wintered out next to us is not worth the match. I tried to thresh a hand full. Nodda kernel.

Comment

Sounds like us a few years ago with a bunch of wheat that overwintered just horribly. Landlord wouldn’t let us burn so it got disked into the mud underneath it. Messed up that year’s canola too. Sometimes you just wish the **** would disappear.

Out disking corn stalks into the mud here and it should be getting dry”ish” this weekend in time for the next rain.

Good luck🍀
                Things will get better ........... sooner hopefully

Comment

Too many kicks in the head the last 14 years. I’m done. I just don’t know how to become done.

All I want is to fence it all. Having gotten a taste of another way to farm, makes it more intense. Came home off the combine, fed the sheep and watched jumping lambs; immediately relaxed and de stressed. Packed up an order of chops and ground lamb for a store, put MY prices on it, and felt appreciated and like what i do matters to someone.

I’ve been at this grain for 28 years. It seems like I’ve gotten nowhere. Working alone, thinking alone, stressing alone takes its toll. A schwack of bad crops takes its toll. When it gets so you hate every single minute you are grain farming, it sucks. For my wife, my kids, it is hard. Just venting, sorry.

I guess I just stay the course, seed more down as I can afford, fence more as I can afford. Maybe next year I rent some out.

Anyone want to run a combine for me today, so I don’t have to? Lol

Comment

Too many kicks in the head the last 14 years. I’m done. I just don’t know how to become done.

All I want is to fence it all. Having gotten a taste of another way to farm, makes it more intense. Came home off the combine, fed the sheep and watched jumping lambs; immediately relaxed and de stressed. Packed up an order of chops and ground lamb for a store, put MY prices on it, and felt appreciated and like what i do matters to someone.

I’ve been at this grain for 28 years. It seems like I’ve gotten nowhere. Working alone, thinking alone, stressing alone takes its toll. A schwack of bad crops takes its toll. When it gets so you hate every single minute you are grain farming, it sucks. For my wife, my kids, it is hard. Just venting, sorry.

I guess I just stay the course, seed more down as I can afford, fence more as I can afford. Maybe next year I rent some out.

AG MORE THAN EVER

DO MORE AG

and AGVOCATE....

Will help with your problems....

Comment

If you hate it that much I would re-focus on what you like doing.
                      There's more than one way to use land to make a living without supporting a bunch of parasites and still taking all the risk.
                      Ask Hobbyfrmr.

Comment

The hardest part of making change is making the decision to change. Once you make that, the rest comes easier.

Comment

Flax is frustrating at the best of times. Everybody has had a wreck in that crop.

You certainly arent the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Flax is frustrating at the best of times. Everybody has had a wreck in that crop.

You certainly arent the only one.
                            I have had multiple wrecks is the problem.

Years of wrecks: 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019.

Those years saw either yields in the single digits, overwintered crops that ended up a disaster, or no yield at all due to not seeding due to too wet.

Prior to that, I would have classed myself as in the top 5 per cent producer.
                            Last edited by Sheepwheat; May 13, 2020, 09:08.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                              The hardest part of making change is making the decision to change. Once you make that, the rest comes easier.
                              I’ve more than made the decision, but I don’t know how to seal the deal so to speak? Trying to do the sheep debt free. So it is hard to cash flow a bunch of fences etc. There are other factors involved that make things a bit dicey as well, but I am not gunna share a bunch of private info you know?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...