• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder what it is with meatworks

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder what it is with meatworks

We have a cluster of cv19 in a meatworks in next state or province.

Think 47 cases.

Seems the world over meatworks are a incubator for cv19.

Wow see USA 78577 deaths up till this morning. Fair few in 2 months.

Was kinda waiting to see if meatworks affected like rest of world sure enough we got it.

Seen somewhere it’s something to do with humidity, temperature, and close proximity in confinement for extended periods of time. Once it gets in it spreads quickly.

And people ask if I’ve ever got sick from butchering chickens in the yard!

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
      Seen somewhere it’s something to do with humidity, temperature, and close proximity in confinement for extended periods of time. Once it gets in it spreads quickly.

And people ask if I’ve ever got sick from butchering chickens in the yard!
      i will never forget that smell !
      maybe gonna be smelling it again

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        i will never forget that smell !
        maybe gonna be smelling it again
        Chickens?

I think as a kid I was more tolerant of the smell plucking than I am now 🤢🤢 Got a bunch booked for arrival next month though so guess I’m going to suck it up.

And make a plucker 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          Chickens?

I think as a kid I was more tolerant of the smell plucking than I am now 🤢🤢 Got a bunch booked for arrival next month though so guess I’m going to suck it up.

And make a plucker 😂
          yes chickens
          that warm water in the barrel washing guts out
          pile of guts
          burning pinfeathers with the torch
          can smell it now
          still have a plucker

Comment

Would it have anything to do the lifestyle of many of the workers in the plants.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Would it have anything to do the lifestyle of many of the workers in the plants.
              It certainly contributes to the situation although very little talk about it. No denying that.

Comment

Another 6 this morning withcv19

Comment

Gotta wonder that the he’ll else we get spread in our food by these factories that have those conditions.
                  AllThis money going out some of it should be for revitalizing smaller processing plants spread out through the country would help smaller towns and be a hellOf a lot better food.

Comment

It's economy of scale but ya, stop killing the small businesses with excessive regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      It's economy of scale but ya, stop killing the small businesses with excessive regulations.
                      Yes economy of scale, everything based on that which is why we have most manufacturing in China right? And that’s why we have these meat factories here with those working conditions, generally full of immigrant workers working low wages. And at the same time we see gross conditions for food production in China and criticize rightfully so because they work in factories even worse conditions than this.
                      But are we at the point that maybe the pee ons
                      If rhe world realize that for rhe good if us all maybe wealth shouldn’t be concentrated like this ? It applies to nearly everything. Farms going so called economy of scale killing off small farms yet they need and get more government money to run than any small farms ever did combined? There would be more small farms better for all
                      Our small communities wouldn’t that be better?

What about the old folks care homes? Private economy of scale look at that in Quebec and other places again paying workers nothing and old people laying in their own crap for days all for what economy of scale profits right?

Us people at rhe bottom need to be heard we are a democratic society if we weren’t brainwashed we d take this system over and make it right in one election or at least head the right way.

Economy of scale is what gives a small amount of people so much wealth they control political parties while they make their wealth not paying people enough at rhe bottom.

And boom now we have a failed system so reliant on money over quality of life.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        Yes economy of scale, everything based on that which is why we have most manufacturing in China right? And that’s why we have these meat factories here with those working conditions, generally full of immigrant workers working low wages. And at the same time we see gross conditions for food production in China and criticize rightfully so because they work in factories even worse conditions than this.
                        But are we at the point that maybe the pee ons
                        If rhe world realize that for rhe good if us all maybe wealth shouldn’t be concentrated like this ? It applies to nearly everything. Farms going so called economy of scale killing off small farms yet they need and get more government money to run than any small farms ever did combined? There would be more small farms better for all
                        Our small communities wouldn’t that be better?

What about the old folks care homes? Private economy of scale look at that in Quebec and other places again paying workers nothing and old people laying in their own crap for days all for what economy of scale profits right?

Us people at rhe bottom need to be heard we are a democratic society if we weren’t brainwashed we d take this system over and make it right in one election or at least head the right way.

Economy of scale is what gives a small amount of people so much wealth they control political parties while they make their wealth not paying people enough at rhe bottom.

And boom now we have a failed system so reliant on money over quality of life.
                        If there is a sliver lining to the Wuhan Flu cloud, your post points out a significant part of it.

Take your message to the right places and push it hard. I have done that and the more that do it the more effective.

Push for allowing more deregulated trade where the opportunity presents itself. People have used their wallets to show that they are in support of less regulation if they know where the food is produced, and by whom it is raised.

Comment

Yes I agree but that’s only a small part regulations? What are the regulations of these mega plants pay people nothing work like animals? Earn big dollars pay the farmer way too low for cattle and pork etc?
                          That’s where the regulations have to be put in place. More money to the producer. And more assistance to the producer and more access to credit to the producer.

Look at for example all the FCC failures one earth, pike, broad ass. Etc etc. How many articles in farm magazines proclaiming look at these people they know how farming should be done and there was FCC with a blank cheque book and offering courses with the people running these scams as the know it alls. And at the same time local small farmers couldn’t get a break for loans or grants because hey your just not important enough but here someone from China has a big company ready to buy you out??
                          And then we all read the mega farm foreign owned obituary and all the money from agristability and The lenders and nothing for local farmers to help them out.

Same for small abattoirs if they would get the same level of help as the big ones they’d be all over the country side. How about even use the green angle don’t be trucking those animals across the country to be processed. Do it right here.

But I have to ask you burnt would you support people that would push for this change if it meant that abandoning your politics loyalty?

Because let’s face it that’s what it would take.
                          People would have to tell their parties in both sides hey we need to get this done forget about making politics headlines make headlines of doing what’s right instead.

Comment

Regulations kill ya in meat.

Crazy here we hang up our own sheep for own consumption has to to be consumed here, at my address.

Letter of the law cannot give my workman meat or give any to my siblings or friends.

Cannot take it to a community bbq by letter of the law.

Most people take animals to private slaughter houses. Have three within 70 kms costs around 60 bucks to get lamb up into roasts and chops

Comment

Agree it's like a Monopoly game.
                              Govts job is to keep the game going indefinitely. Occasional resets and rule changes without direct involvement.
                              To always make sure one player doesn't end the game with all the money. Especially if it's the government itself.
                              But over the last few years they have made it impossible to eat a church ladies pie or locally processed meat. Going underground actually, the latter.
                              All in the name of "SAFETY"!.
                              Sound familiar??

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...