• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold front

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold front

Looks like Drew May be right about this cold spell coming up

Highs of plus 6 Sunday / Monday ... will mean some -5 nights here .
    hopefully that changes somewhat .

3.5 days in the single digits, some snow Sat, maybe Sunday. Not very good for combining or seeding

Comment

I'm justifying starting by saying we have to start sometime. Peas need to hydrate anyway. Rain over the weekend, depending how much, might actually make some spots in the fields worse for seeding conditions.
      Blackened furrows will warm quickly when the sun shines again.

Am I convinced yet?

Did I mention soil temps aren't horrible?
      Last edited by farmaholic; May 6, 2020, 06:19.

Comment

Have been watching that and we are now thinking of going hard to finish harvesting the remainder of the 2019 crop and then after the snow event start seeding day and night. May 16th is our start for Canola don't care what others are doing it works and works good for us. One drill will be doing Canola second will have to do wheat barley peas.

Comment

Soil temps are good here in the NE. Stopped yesterday while I was harrowing and stuck the thermometer in the ground. 2" -11 4" -9 that was on canola stubble. Juice cart showed up yesterday probably start Thursday or Friday on Canaryseed. A bit strange, for as warm as the soil is very little of anything growing.

Comment

Misterjade - Are you saying at 2” soil is 11 degrees and at 4” down, it is 9 degrees?

Comment

The whole spring has been a cold front here. There is still snow in the fields in places. And it rains every day, not much, but there is zero drying. Shouldn’t my fall rye be growing by now?

Comment

Neighbor is putting lentils in but nights and moringings very chilly yet. Not too much other action yet. Just starting to see a little weed growth. I imagine after the weekend will be hammer time for most.

Comment

Saw a forecast two days ago(fwiw), showing the cold and freezing temps moving deep into the southern U.S.

https://twitter.com/TempGlobal/status/1257357590276853761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1257357590276853761&ref_url =http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smalldeadanimals.com%2F https://twitter.com/TempGlobal/status/1257357590276853761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1257357590276853761&ref_url =http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smalldeadanimals.com%2F

Comment

Holy crap, just saw Lerner's forecast for Sask.
                    Still going to forge ahead with the peas.
                    Probably apply Authority and Imazethapyr too.
                    Rain/SNOW should help activate it.

I think seeding conditions will be taking a step back.

STO in the Ghetto.

Comment

The ole full moon and weather change ...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Misterjade - Are you saying at 2” soil is 11 degrees and at 4” down, it is 9 degrees?
                        That is correct, not saying my thermometer is accurate, sure doesn't seem like it when you kneel on the ground but that is what it said yesterday at 3:30.

Comment

We are going, both putfits moving at same time. 👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...