• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot Police

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot Police

In every part of the country these rent a cops over reached just like our govt. Fines, harassment, etc. They have lost all respect as far as I am concerned.

I had lost all respect for the RCMP when one of their sergeants told me that they do not respond to rural crime as readily as in town, because it was towns that paid their wages. I asked him how much provincial tax they receive from peoples income tax. He responded around 30%. You could imagine he was dumbfounded when I told him that 30% of my provincial tax paid for an officer to be posted at my gate for a month, and my parents right across the road warranted that officer to stay there for another month.

The rest of the conversation consisted of him trying to pull his foot out of his mouth and then try come up with another excuse why their rural response is so horrible.

Needless to say their service has gotten worse, and I don't call unless I know it is something they will respond to like an abandoned stolen vehicle. Trespassing, you might as well talk to a wall. But heaven forbid if you step off the sidewalk onto someone's lawn in town.

One neighbour called while thugs were stealing gas out of his mothers yard. The cops told him that they are not going to risk their lives over some gas....so we just condone thievery now? Did you not sign up to be an RCMP officer knowing the risks?

One of my parents shops had been broken into, and I noticed the door was left open a crack but nothing was taken. I called it in and didn't even get so much as a call back. In the meantime I had emptied the shop and locked the door with a bigger lock. Low and behold the next day the thugs came back and couldn't cut the lock, so they ripped the doors off the shop. Had the cops responded, maybe they could have posted there for the night and you know...caught someone stealing like they are supposed to do? I phoned the next day and ripped them a new one. The thugs got an old 12' aluminum boat that wasn't worth much so I had decided to leave. But the damage to the shop was the worst part.

RCMP are scum as far as I am concerned. Lazy co*ksuckers.

Comment

pretty much tax collectors is all they are.

Comment

Beetle

"RCMP are scum as far as I am concerned. Lazy co*ksuckers."

RCMP Constable Heidi Stevenson, a mother of two and a 23-year veteran of the force, was killed during a gunman's rampage.

Go tell that to Heidi's children and loved ones.

Maybe stop and think before you post something like that on Agriville, it makes all farmers look bad as there are a lot of people other than farmer visiting this site.

You certainly have short memory, shameful on your part!!!

Comment

There are some good RCMP but the ones that let refugees in illegally into this country and carry there bags are scum! they could refuse to do it but didn't. so not only did virus infected people come into this country because of that also killers and all kinds of parasites!

Comment

Forage what are your thoughts on the incident at the Vancouver airport a few years ago.

Comment

Don't do this to me, jazz. I read the red title and got my hopes up that maybe we had made idiocy a crime, and created a police force specifically to enforce this crime against humanity. Then I saw the resident Agrivillage idiot was still posting, and then I opened the thread and discovered that being an idiot is still not only legal, but apparently is also encouraged.
              Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; May 6, 2020, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                There are some good RCMP but the ones that let refugees in illegally into this country and carry there bags are scum! they could refuse to do it but didn't. so not only did virus infected people come into this country because of that also killers and all kinds of parasites!
                Was this RCMP thought it was Lethbridge provincial police?

Comment

The south will rise again Yippee!!

Comment

If you can't have a little bit of understanding for this situation then your head is too far up your ass.

You don't think police are going to be gun shy after Nova Scotia? Better safe than sorry. They didn't shoot her where she stood, I don't see the situation being a big deal. They took the information they had at the time and reacted. What would the post be if it had gone the other way? "Idiot police let criminal disguised as storm trooper go on shooting rampage because they assumed gun was a costume prop."

Can't say I wouldn't be overthinking if a cop randomly pulls me over right now, all because of NS, why wouldn't they have similar thoughts about people with guns?
                    Last edited by Blaithin; May 6, 2020, 10:49.

Comment

You don't have to be law-biding to be a Peace Officer.
                      You don't have to be smart to be a teacher.
                      You don't have to be moral to be a Preacher.
                      You don't have to he talented to entertain.
                      You don't have to live healthy to be a Doctor.
                      You don't have to be stoopid to be a farmer.
                      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        If you can't have a little bit of understanding for this situation then your head is too far up your ass.

You don't think police are going to be gun shy after Nova Scotia? Better safe than sorry. They didn't shoot her where she stood, I don't see the situation being a big deal. They took the information they had at the time and reacted. What would the post be if it had gone the other way? "Idiot police let criminal disguised as storm trooper go on shooting rampage because they assumed gun was a costume prop."

Can't say I wouldn't be overthinking if a cop randomly pulls me over right now, all because of NS, why wouldn't they have similar thoughts about people with guns?
                        Really.

The LPS seems to be having 2nd thoughts as well.

Are you suggesting that they also have their heads in an inconvenient spot?

Their over-reaction just made it much tougher for cops to do their job - anywhere.

And here's another thing - if this had happened in the US, might you be among those who would jump on the cops for being strong-arm bullies?

You can lay this one squarely at the feet of the Justin Trudeau government for creating an atmosphere of fear and distrust.

Wear it like a badge, sock puppet and Bill Blair.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          Any rifles you know of look like a star wars blaster? And when she threw it down at their feet and stepped back, wasn't it evident at that point it was a toy and there was no threat? What about when they topld her to lie on her stomach and then kneeled in her back to cuff her. Still a threat? What about when she was crying?

Maybe Justin can ban star wars toys next.

If you have seen what the police have been doing this past month you must live under a rock.

These mall cops way overreacted. What if that was your daughter at her first job? Don't defend the indefensible.

Canadian police are always on the wrong side of the equation. In NS an armed arsonist with a replica police car drove around and killed with impunity for days before the police realized it.
                          Last edited by jazz; May 6, 2020, 11:46.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                            Any rifles you know of look like a star wars blaster? And when she threw it down at their feet and stepped back, wasn't it evident at that point it was a toy and there was no threat? What about when they topld her to lie on her stomach and then kneeled in her back to cuff her. Still a threat? What about when she was crying?

Maybe Justin can ban star wars toys next.

If you have seen what the police have been doing this past month you must live under a rock.

These mall cops way overreacted. What if that was your daughter at her first job? Don't defend the indefensible.

Canadian police are always on the wrong side of the equation. In NS an armed arsonist with a replica police car drove around and killed with impunity for days before the police realized it.
                            Constable Heidi Stevenson. Why don't you give your opinion to her family.

Comment

If I remember correctly LPS are also the ones who decided to run a deer over to euthanize it. That situation is a far bigger case of idiocy than this one, in my mind.

And no burnt, I'm sure just by relocating myself across a border I wouldn't magically change my opinion from one of "I can see why they did what they did" to "POLICE BRUTALITY!!!!". Every circumstance being different, I like to base my opinions on them separately, not paint them all with the same brush.

In the small town I graduated in a teenage boy was arrested in a very similar fashion to this video, on Halloween, because his costume included a toy gun. If I recall it was a water pistol. Perhaps that was the governments fault as well? Let's see.... that would have been the Conservative gov under Harper.

Police already have a hard time doing their job for a variety of reasons. One that can't be excluded is the over vocalized opinion that they are all idiots incompetent at their jobs. As with all poor reviews, those who disagree with police are more vocal than those who support them. Human nature I suppose.

I'm glad you feel any children I have will grow up to be Storm Trooper's for work Jazz. It is such an honourable and well paying job. Not sure why you would only say my daughter would be a Trooper though, what if my son wants to be one as well? These hypothetical children could be anything after all! The fact that it was a woman was completely irrelevant and unknown until they took her helmet off though so what is the point of your question regarding if it was my daughter? Did her being a woman all of a sudden become relevant when the helmet was removed? What if it was my son? Are you trying to invoke more sympathy from the fact that it's a poor female being persecuted? I'm glad you think crying should get people off the hook from being arrested. I bet all sorts of criminals will happily use that secret.

It's good to know that there are upstanding citizens like yourself who's ideals are so elevated they aren't based in reality. You'd probably rather think that sentence applies to me of course. It's easy to sit at one's computer or TV and judge people in a scenario from the safety of your chair with no adrenaline or emotions, beyond your normal disgust at the world, running through your veins. With a clear photo of their toy prop presented to you. How would you know what it's like to be caught in that sort of situation, have that short amount of time to assess a situation and then commit to a course of action, of the worry for yourself, your colleagues, the public... Maybe you're a retired police officer and have reasons for your jaded judgements.

In the light of hindsight was it an overreaction? Sure. In the heat of the moment when decisions need to be made quickly on small amounts of information, was it so obviously an overreaction? I wouldn't say so.

Instead, again, I would ask, what would you be saying right now if that random person in cosplay ended up being someone on a shooting spree and the police just ignored them strolling down the street. Use your imagination if you have to.
                              Last edited by Blaithin; May 6, 2020, 12:27.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...