• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Rain of the Year and all are Montana Lows. Who else is getting these/

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Good luck n your spring harvest.

That snow is red deer? North
    I heard it was near Alsike, roughly west of Edmonton. Not sure how widespread it is. Perhaps Woodland can offer an on the ground report?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      I say we take the year off like everyone else....

But to be clear. ...I won't go first....hahaha
      I’m toying with the idea in a serious way. Might seed some cover crops and set myself up for winter wheat. Seed enough barley to feed the sheep and screw planting a crop. If I jump, will you jump with me?

Heart isn’t even close to in it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I heard it was near Alsike, roughly west of Edmonton. Not sure how widespread it is. Perhaps Woodland can offer an on the ground report?
        Breaking News from earlier today .............

There was beautiful bedding there the day before.

Ma Nature (the villain) threw a hissy fit and decided that the forecast of 10 mm of rain and a chance of snow was simply not good enough. Instead over an inch fell as the wind picked up to 70+ kph and then the temps dropped enough at 2 am to continue with 6 inches of wet snow. Chaos ensued with calves falling out and proceeding to become calfsickles as the bedding, daylight, and patience disappeared. Most of a case of colostrum, 65 bales of straw, and tireless effort of the crew managed to save all but four calves from the ruthless villain.

Lots of places around here lost power for most of yesterday and we’re thankful we didn’t. Only got five hours of sleep in the last two days and things are “kinda” caught up so Night Night.

Hopefully the snow will melt tomorrow ............ fieldwork is on pause for awhile.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.................

Comment

Mud is fun for a bit, I had a hoe and was making water run yesterday. Need more gravel again. New bin site is holding up well so packed great. Done pumping water.

Seeding will happen one day just not today or maybe tomorrow

Comment

After the start of last spring I won’t turn down a rain. The crop will get out in one way or another.
            With all the wind we’ve had the pulse ground was starting to dry out on top, now with the six tenths this will be perfect.

Things will be a little backwards, will seed a lot of pulse ground to cereals, then switch to pulses in the cereal stubbles ..... as they are really wet!

I’m still boycotting canola or as I like to say “ABC”, that’s “Anything But Canola” It’s one less market to follow, and complain about when it goes for a free fall.

We get our moisture from Montana so seeing it push NE from there is good to see.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...