• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmmmm gun control ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe It will be like when he said the blockades had to end?

They don't have a record of actually making anything happen.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Well its a good thing our natives still have access to these guns. I mean we wouldnt want to impede on their traditional lifestyle. Rifles were here 10,000 yrs ago.
      Tomahawk, bows and arrows are next.
      Maybe even snares and buffalo jumps.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Well its a good thing our natives still have access to these guns. I mean we wouldnt want to impede on their traditional lifestyle. Rifles were here 10,000 yrs ago.
        Spotlights, the wheel, gasoline, also come to mind.

Comment

Lets not fool ourselves
          We know why theyre doing it
          And we know what it will take to rectify it for kids or grandkids
          As they say , democracies rarely make 200 years

Comment

So, it appears that the Liberal gun control order will make my 12 gauge shotgun illegal.

I sent this to Bill Blair this morning:

Hn. Bill Blair,
            Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.

As a Canadian farmer, hunter and law-abiding resident, I voice my deep dismay and utter disgust for the completely needless fiasco that the Liberals have created for legal Canadian hunters, shooters and gun owners. It is ludicrous to suppose that punishing legal gun owners will make any difference in reducing gun crimes.

By way of comparison, reputable studies (StatsCan, MADD, etc) show that impaired driving remains the top criminal cause of death in Canada by a factor of almost 5:1 over gun-related homicides. Can we expect the Liberal government to ban some types of cars because so many Canadians are killed by drunk drivers?

I raise the following questions and request a reply:

1) Since the gun control measures were prefaced with references to past tragedies, it is incumbent on the Liberal government to clearly demonstrate how these measures would have prevented such hideous and unlawful actions which resulted in the deaths of innocent victims. Please provide solid evidence that these new rules would have made a difference.

2) The RCMP has said that they will enforce the new rules created by the Liberals. Since legal and professional experts have shown how this new gun ban will directly and negatively impact lawful hunters such as me by removing our currently legal shotguns, etc, how can the Liberal government say that they are not trying to target law-abiding citizens?

3) Since you, Mr. Blair, have refuted the claims made by Canada’s guns experts, please show where their claims are incorrect. Your unhelpful rhetoric to date was made in obvious haste, woefully insufficient and completely unconvincing to the informed Canadian.

4) How was this gun control plan designed? Who were the contributors to this completely ineffective plan?

5) Please demonstrate how this clearly discriminatory, gun control plan meets the standards of fair and equal rights as instituted under the Constitution Act, 1982, Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, specifically:

“Equality Rights
            Marginal note:Equality before and under law and equal protection and benefit of law
            • 15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.
            • Marginal note:Affirmative action programs
            (2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability. (84)”

The actions of the Liberal government in creating such a completely misdirected and wrongheaded gun control policy will do absolutely nothing to reduce gun (and related) crime as the vast majority of guns used for wrong purposes are illegal and will be obtained anyway, unless those channels are closed. Having full knowledge of those channels, does the Liberal government lack the courage, or integrity, to stop gun trafficking?

There is no clearer evidence to support the fact of illegal guns being the major source of gun crime than the recent Nova Scotia tragedy where, in addition to illegally possessed and acquired guns, the shooter reportedly had a stolen RCMP weapon in possession during his rampage.

Justin Trudeau’s government seems to routinely engineer policy that is deliberately injurious to rural Canadians and this gun control legislation is one more clear example. By your recent actions, you have destroyed your credibility and further eroded any trust that rural Canada may have had for you.

Mr Blair, since this is your portfolio and your name is prominent on this contemptible and foolish gun control measure, I am asking you for clear and direct answers to these questions, as well as how you will try to regain the loss of trust in your government.

Sincerely,

Comment

Like, like, like, like. I can’t like that post enough.

Comment

I've been watching this issue for 40 years. 40 years from now people will wonder what the fuss was about.
                80% of Canadians support this.
                We do not live under the American Constitution.
                F*** it.

Comment

Off to court - "We’re Going to Court – Charter Challenge"

\ https://firearmrights.ca/en/we-are-going-to-court/ https://firearmrights.ca/en/we-are-going-to-court/

This retarded piece of legislation is just another attempt for the Liberals to solve a city problem by punishing country folks.

Who wants to chip in to buy Justin and Blarin' Billy special, customized hats? They come with 2 holes cut in the top to allow their big, long hairy ears wave in the wind...

Comment

I bet the holes is where their DEVIL HORNS go! Evil Bastards

Comment

Why we need gun control - but not what you might think...

The RCMP that shot up the fire hall were shooting at a guy because he was wearing a vest that matched the description of the shooter. Lucky for them, they missed. Can you imagine the SHTF if those cops could actually hit something?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/confusion-over-cruiser-safety-vest-led-rcmp-to-shot-at-person-who-wasn-t-n-s-gunman-1.5559321 https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/confusion-over-cruiser-safety-vest-led-rcmp-to-shot-at-person-who-wasn-t-n-s-gunman-1.5559321

Is this the right thread for this post?
                      Last edited by burnt; May 7, 2020, 20:16.

Comment

Comment

Lol ole quick dick ..
                          that should melt some snowflakes

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...