• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Loblaws stock

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Loblaws stock

Now that it is apparent that the real effect of the CCP virus will be a several generations long depression, Loblaws stock is a bell weather. Initially it rose as food went from food service back to the grocery store. However, the permanent closer of the meat counter, which is where some 80% of grocery retailer margin is generated due to the end of the meat packing industry, will pommel this stock. This is a lieberal party of canuckistan friendly organisation so their is a silver lining. For a variety of reasons, diet is about to become permanently more vegetarian, a shift I did see coming some time ago. (not due to CCP virus though) As such I have not introduced livestock to my farm even though the type of land would suggest that is a good idea.

Really? Several generations you say? So 75 or 100 years? Or maybe 200? Might as well get used to processing and cooking the most abundant food source on the planet now then?

Got any good rack of human recipes? Best way to cook the hands and feet? I need some of Hannibal Lector's pointers if it's going to be 200 year depression.

Comment

Well I don't know what there will be 100 years from now, but I certainly don't see it possible to come out of this in my lifetime which is another 20 or 30 years or so. Every sector of the private real economy globally is permanent smaller now including energy, agriculture, and manufacturing. There will be some growth in a few isolated sectors but overall real growth permanently smaller. This process was happening before CCP virus and just got a big boost. The US economy was trying to operate without artificial stimulus as the FED tried to normalize, but as we know that unfortunately has now failed. The ROW had no chance before CCP virus and certainly doesn't now. So there is no choice but to adapt to a new impoverished future for many of us. What is happening personally is to convert loonie savings into stuff that we can use in the future before loons are worthless, as well as having some $USD savings and a little gold and silver. Guns and ammo of course are necessities as well as very localized food production. Need to re establish community somehow as people will need each other again. This is almost completely dead in many parts of canuckistan.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        Well I don't know what there will be 100 years from now, but I certainly don't see it possible to come out of this in my lifetime which is another 20 or 30 years or so. Every sector of the private real economy globally is permanent smaller now including energy, agriculture, and manufacturing. There will be some growth in a few isolated sectors but overall real growth permanently smaller. This process was happening before CCP virus and just got a big boost. The US economy was trying to operate without artificial stimulus as the FED tried to normalize, but as we know that unfortunately has now failed. The ROW had no chance before CCP virus and certainly doesn't now. So there is no choice but to adapt to a new impoverished future for many of us. What is happening personally is to convert loonie savings into stuff that we can use in the future before loons are worthless, as well as having some $USD savings and a little gold and silver. Guns and ammo of course are necessities as well as very localized food production. Need to re establish community somehow as people will need each other again. This is almost completely dead in many parts of canuckistan.
        Oh give me a break.

Big things like this serve as resets.

The pain isn't over by a long shot, but there will be a boom at the end of this unlike anything the world has ever seen.

Throughout human history there have been booms and busts, and the bigger the bust, the more epic the boom!

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
          Now that it is apparent that the real effect of the CCP virus will be a several generations long depression,
          ajl, a painful deep recession that Canada will lag the rest of the world coming out of, but I don't see a generational depression in the cards.

All the US (and Canada if it had any balls) is to repatriate some GDP back from China and things will rock here. Trump will make sure that happens in the US. Skippy probably wont because he is a Marxist lackey, but the US is the bigger elephant in the room and its sleeping right next to us so we will comply one way or another.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...