• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agristabilty deadline

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agristabilty deadline

I read it’s been extended again, participation must be way down and desperate for numbers to keep the useless program going.

Is the deadline to cancel or sign up the end of July?

Comment

My question was about the announcement of getting money from the 2020 program. ...

If you have never collected a payment from agristability how can they send you something for your 2020 benefits. ?

Some guys using MNP must be working it very well....but if you have been getting benefits .....should you still be farming?

I haven't seen a dime from the program so how would I collect

Another announcement of helping maybe 3 percent...of the farmers...

Like the changes of having revenue insurance not go against you in the agstabilitity formula....helped very few...

Now FCC says the BTOS can or should have revenue insurance , crop insurance and agstability ....

What are they farming?

Comment

Announcement from sask party is a joke
        Its still 70% of 70% of your numbers
        Minus what they dont wanna count
        Then they throw a dart to see if you collect
        Then if money is tight the next year or even 5 years later they make you pay it back

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          Announcement from sask party is a joke
          Its still 70% of 70% of your numbers
          Minus what they dont wanna count
          Then they throw a dart to see if you collect
          Then if money is tight the next year or even 5 years later they make you pay it back
          I know the alternative to the saskparty is shitty as well but farmers will still put an X beside the saskparty candidate ....

The saskparty can do whatever they like because of the blind ideological vote...

And since the federal conservatives assphucked us as well ...the liberals assume we enjoy it...

Over 150 billion has been approved by the conservatives or will be today and they couldn't find a way to throw a lifeline to agriculture to some proportion as what the US programs are for farmers. ...

Airlines in Canada will be getting the same percentage as US airlines bailout of 50 billion....so eventually about 4 billion ....

Because politicians need airlines... farmers only at election time....

Comment

The Sask party is just the old NDP party from 2000s

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
              The Sask party is just the old NDP party from 2000s
              I agree...it's getting harder to listen to them ...

Even harder to listen to federal conservative excuses....

Off topic ....sounds like potato guys will destroy a bunch of potatoes soon....can't find a place to put them...

Here is the question....if food banks are asking for money....why don't they buy potatoes with it...or pay the storage fees so they have food....

Rawlco radio made a million dollar donation to the food banks...which in turn goes to guys like Galen Weston instead of farmers that will end up destroying enough food to feed everyone in Canada. ...

Comment

No, the NDP did a better job of Controlling members back then.

I will never go back to the NDP sorry. We need some shakeup to happen in the rural to get a message across that we're not happy campers. Maybe that will happen in Last Mt.

The announcement on Ag Stab last week was a joke.

Ok fancy accounting firm, Gets your info sends it in Gets rubber-stamped because it is told the Ag Staff it knows numbers. Boom Farmer gets paid.

Follow the cash.

Guy sends in every year gets rejected because they want the fancy company so you pay and pay and pay.

But here is another reality if you had crop out all winter and sent it in yea you probably qualify and they will now send you 70% of whatever you were told you would get. Best bet is to burn your crop and don't try because they will ask for all of it back next year or the year after.

It needs to go and go fast.

It was a job creator for Accounting firms who needed the extra cash. Like I said follow the money.

Comment

I will never vote NDP but man the Sask party should step up a notch.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                    No, the NDP did a better job of Controlling members back then.

I will never go back to the NDP sorry. We need some shakeup to happen in the rural to get a message across that we're not happy campers. Maybe that will happen in Last Mt.

The announcement on Ag Stab last week was a joke.

Ok fancy accounting firm, Gets your info sends it in Gets rubber-stamped because it is told the Ag Staff it knows numbers. Boom Farmer gets paid.

Follow the cash.

Guy sends in every year gets rejected because they want the fancy company so you pay and pay and pay.

But here is another reality if you had crop out all winter and sent it in yea you probably qualify and they will now send you 70% of whatever you were told you would get. Best bet is to burn your crop and don't try because they will ask for all of it back next year or the year after.

It needs to go and go fast.

It was a job creator for Accounting firms who needed the extra cash. Like I said follow the money.
                    Agristabilty was a lifeline to MNP who helped design it...

Remember when they were doing farm assessments funded by the government...

I had a report on my farm an inch thick....got halfway through it and phoned the government and said if you pay them for this garbage you guys are incompetent...

Numbers and data all phucked up...calculations that didn't make sense...

MNP quit answering my calls when I started poking holes in their report.....

Comment

I been told - some (most) accountants hire kids to plug in information into computer. Processors see so many errors. The description says $32,000 cheque number # to chemical company, some how ends up as income. No kidding! Processor corrects - accountant madder than a wet hen cause she/he/it was showed up. Even good old blue book accounting was much better. Income page - Expense page.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        I been told - some (most) accountants hire kids to plug in information into computer. Processors see so many errors. The description says $32,000 cheque number # to chemical company, some how ends up as income. No kidding! Processor corrects - accountant madder than a wet hen cause she/he/it was showed up. Even good old blue book accounting was much better. Income page - Expense page.
                        I have had to figure out the errors that have been done at agristabilty....they combined my wheat and durum inventories....I said I don't have that much wheat....finally the girl said " oh here it is...the wheat and durum has been added together..." I said thats your mistake...

Then another time I had sent in all my forms for my wife and I together by fax...phoned them and said the last page of my wife's forms is actually mine.....year and a half later they were writing about where my wife's 3 bulls went and the cattle income from her cows???? What the phuck are you guys talking about...

Turns out they never put the last page of the form to my account...

Never have received a payment.... had ups and down years

But I am convinced if you are a mixed farm with stable acres you will never receive a payment...

And you will be pumping gas before you get one....interesting enough a person pumping gas is probably receiving more government money than I am....

Comment

I find it hard to justify sticking with it. But it's the only comprehensive insurance I carry.
                          I would hate to see the margins drop to the point of triggering a benefit....because that production year would be really bad. The bigger the check the the worse the year was....just triggering a small payment would be bad enough AND wouldn't be much help at the low margin protection. It truly is a joke.
                          We're kinda self insured, but how many years could we handle a wreck before things get real serious?
                          In my farming "career" we never had any "consecutive" years of production problems or averaged more with production problems than good ones. So I choose to kind of do it " bare back" and take my chances....Vegas is child's play!
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 29, 2020, 07:42.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Dont lose a wink of sleep at night

Scic and agstab are there for yous
                            If I had to lose sleep over SCIC or AgInstability bailing me out of anything....I'd never sleep.
                            That's what rum is for.

I'm "all in bareback!!!!"
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 29, 2020, 07:43.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                              Theys making a list

Checking it twice

Gonna find out who's naughty or nice
                              I've never been on the "good list".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...