• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cv 19 vaccine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cv 19 vaccine

Innovia I think it’s called just watching on tv here.

It’s from USA

Being trialled on ferrets or polecats you may call em.

There lungs are structurally and physically very close to human lungs, pre clinical trials.

If vaccine successful speed testing etc could be available in dec.

Question raised why is the USA sending it to Australia for testing well we’re on the home straight there still going up hill has to be tested in a country that’s over it to a degree. Couldn’t see the logic thought best be done in USA

One of the hosts said for all the medical advances that USA does are fantastic but when it comes to cv19 they couldn’t organise a bang in a brothel.

Inovio. Gonna be a lot longer then that.

I see Remdesivir as an antiviral treatment came up as inconclusive. Unfortunate. The search goes on.

Comment

Testing Down Under because you make adequate guinea pigs for the Yanks.

Just like the Yankees make adequate guinea pigs for the Canucks to see if relaxing social distancing makes sense at this point.

Can't go using your own citizens as guinea pigs. Need all the taxpayers you can get after this is over.

Comment

Seems there gonna bend the rules with testing etc let’s call it speed testing hope thee are no unforeseen consequences.

The more they learn about cv19 the less they know it seems.

Affects lungs heart now kidneys, risk of strokes increases, it’s suggested diminshes blood flow around body hence stokes maybe.

Let’s hope worldwide were over the curve.

Sounds flippant from me but last night said another 1000 deaths in USA will equal lives lost in Vietnam war both preventable to a degree.

Teeming with rain 43mm for week think seeder will be parked another 10 to 15 forecast today it’s 5.30 am

Will freeze me goolies off today 16c and hail showers a chance I’m gonna die
        Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 28, 2020, 14:03.

Comment

Were gonna get to 16 here tommorow
          Mine will be sweating

Comment

Could it be that Aussie's are the closest species to Americans they can find? Just kidding!!

I thought UofS had a vaccine coming aren't all scientists working together on finding one?

Comment

Gee Belgium is disproportionately high

Edit cant claim figures are correct just a guide I try not to cut and paste info I unsure about

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF7F9249-21E3-49FA-A16A-7D4870C92664.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	769663
              Last edited by malleefarmer; Apr 29, 2020, 03:39.

Comment

Reportedly Belgium is counting all deaths in nursing homes as covid related https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/why-belgium-has-worst-covid-19-death-rate https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/why-belgium-has-worst-covid-19-death-rate

Comment

Just checked World meter, 210 countries listed with some virus, as a measure of deaths per million population, only 17 with more than 100 deaths per million. 193 under that, Canada at 77, Australia at 3, China same 3, New Zealand 4, winner/loser is San Marino, 1208. 102 have single digit deaths. 50 not even listed.

Real obvious that countries with older demographic have MORE deaths. Bet they ALWAYS have more deaths.
                  Also the more mobile, wealthier countries = more deaths. Read something into that. Poor rural go nowhere, usually isolated in small communities.

Comment

There will be no vaccine in this class of diseases. The mutations are too rapid. Thats why your flu shot is often ineffective. Its designed for something that burned it self out in the population 18 month ago. You are immunizing for something that doesnt even exist anymore. Thats why there are still 650,000 flu deaths every year in the world even though flu vaccines have been around for a decade. You will never solve this problem that way. Anti virals are the only solution then you don't have to worry about mutations anymore.

Comment

I’d also wonder at the efficacy of a vaccine considering it’s looking more and more like actually contracting Covid doesn’t necessarily give you immunity for that long. Whether that’s because of its ability to mutate quickly or just a trait it evolved with.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                        I’d also wonder at the efficacy of a vaccine considering it’s looking more and more like actually contracting Covid doesn’t necessarily give you immunity for that long. Whether that’s because of its ability to mutate quickly or just a trait it evolved with.
                        "EVOLVED"? ...just say in.

agstar mentioned tin foil hats didn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                          It's most similar to the COLD virus...seen any vaccines for that SOB, we get one every year! And I guess NO immunity either is there?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            "EVOLVED"? ...just say in.

agstar mentioned tin foil hats didn't he?
                            Are you saying evolution is a conspiracy?

Or that you’ve got your tinfoil hat on and it’s a man made virus and hasn't evolved anything per say?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              It's most similar to the COLD virus...seen any vaccines for that SOB, we get one every year! And I guess NO immunity either is there?
                              I’m not sure the common cold has a high enough mortality to warrant research and investment into a vaccine. There’s vaccines for coronaviruses in cattle so it’s obviously not impossible.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...