• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quarantine the vulnerable.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    I wish we heard from actual people that had it, and how mild were those 97% of cases in the world 98% in Canada....silence. I would have survivors on TV/radio every day to encourage us NOT only the BIG numbers of death. Symptoms, length of illness, measures used. We need REAL info!
    Here's one for you... I know nobody who had it or anybody who knows somebody who had it.

Does that mean I'm lucky or a social recluse?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Here's one for you... I know nobody who had it or anybody who knows somebody who had it.

Does that mean I'm lucky or a social recluse?
      Same here, was sick of something for a week in Feb in BC. Never tested who knows. 350 in Sk is easy to get lost. But like 4-6 in hospitals at one time is NOT scary. So the rest must have mild stayed home till tested negative, 70% of cases. Well anonymously let us hear their stories!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        I wish we heard from actual people that had it, and how mild were those 97% of cases in the world 98% in Canada....silence. I would have survivors on TV/radio every day to encourage us NOT only the BIG numbers of death. Symptoms, length of illness, measures used. We need REAL info!
        Talked to a guy from the cruise ship that was sitting off San Fran.

Table he sat at for meals had 6 people, 3 got it, 3 didn't.The guy beside him got it. Non were very sick, but one from the boat died. The crew had it when they got on the boat.

He was quarantined on the ship, 2 weeks in Trenton, and 2 weeks at home.

Has Sask had more than 20 people total in the hospital?

I know they did 17 Funerals from our nursing home at one of the undertakers in town in Feb/2019. That is Feb 2019, last year to be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          I must not have been clear with my question for Bowerpower and others who agree with his solution to Covid is quarantining the vulnerable as to how care is provided to these vulnerable people. So let me ask you this. If you wife is a nurse and works in a hospital or seniors lodge caring for people vulnerable to Covid-19, then does she have to in quarantine too as long as she has that job? How does she prevent getting Covid and taking it in to a facility if she is not isolated from everyone including yourself if all that is needed to be done is quarantine the vulnerable?
          Wouldn’t these measures be enough. Shower in. Fully gear up for your shift. fully masked for whole shift, sterilized clothes, face masks etc. Maybe the supplies aren’t there at the moment. Get the equipment and supplies to these places. Disinfect and clean often. I know it’s all a pain in the ass to do but do what you have to do. Get the covid test done often. Nothing is 100 perfect but take the precautions. And if a case happens isolate all the people in the home immediately.

Comment

Recluse - pharma!, that is generally not the definition of, "the slum, or the ghetto".

Two inescapable things will come out of CoV.

Early inheritance minus taxation, as the disposable boomers own the wealth of Canada, and no waiting list for the next generation of "home" occupants that inherit this wealth. (that is only aimed at the identifiable few that never had their bums washed by their parents).

Hopefully, the next, next generation believes their parents have some value beyond their grandparents' wealth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
              Why is there transmission risk at meat packing plants anyway?

Seems odd to me. I see Brandt has been full tilt with 500 people manufacturing a day and Everaz has been full tilt. I’ve never been in a meat plant but why are they so susceptible?

Put on masks and improve hygiene I am sure they are fine too.
              If you wanted to dump the meat business, what would you do? Scream virus. Shut the plant and mail the Govt application forms you filled out months before. Cause you knew there’s not enough money to pay everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                Recluse - pharma!, that is generally not the definition of, "the slum, or the ghetto".

Early inheritance minus taxation, as the disposable boomers own the wealth of Canada, and no waiting list for the next generation of "home" occupants that inherit this wealth. (that is only aimed at the identifiable few that never had their bums washed by their parents).

Hopefully, the next, next generation believes their parents have some value beyond their grandparents' wealth.
                I will have to read that over afew times, my head is a bit muddled with information overload.

Comment

I read "don't be old" you are expendable and everyone younger benefits when you are GONE!

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post

"Waiting list"?

Why "aimed at the few that never had their asses wiped by their parents"?

Why wouldn't the grandkids appreciate their parents more than their grandparents' wealth?

Where is this all leading and what point are you trying to make?

I stepped out from behind my Dad's shadow and cast my own! With his help of course.
                    I have an untold amount of gratitude for the work and risk taken by those before me to make my life better.
                    It was never about doing less but striving to grow and improve. At one point, during certain times of the year, it felt like I didn't know if I was coming or going...meeting myself coming as I was going, especially when the machinery tech out outpaced my father's ability to help. He did what he could as long as he could....because it mattered to him. We never had hired help except for a trucker at harvest, so in my mind I was "doing what I could", kinda envied the farms with two or three brothers working together...synergies. Or two young people feeding off each other's energy....mountain movers. So I've been making a living on a bit less than 2500 acres since 2004, while multi family/person operations were at 5 thousand or 75 hundred acres....was I really that much different than them....other than maybe having to do more tasks myself?
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 27, 2020, 22:57.

Comment

As a matter of fact quoting honest trump 36,000 deaths a year from flu in USA. Today’s covid deaths 56,000 and beginning to spike again in some areas. And that’s only what’s been counted in what a month and a half? And that’s with distancing for rhe most part. People
                      Are saying that maybe it was here November December we’ll nobody was counting all those deaths either?
                      I know it’s a matter of fact in our small community there was a whack of deaths mostly seniors but unusually high and some younger people heart attacks strokes more than usual for us anyway from November on.
                      Point is to compare this to flu is foolish.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...