• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid on the ground

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Donald Trump: No one could have seen this coming! Except those that warned him about it.
    A wall will not stop the coronavirus.

Banning all travel from Europe — or any other part of the world — will not stop it.

This disease could impact every nation and any person on the planet — and we need a plan to combat it.

— Joe Biden (Text Join to 30330) (@JoeBiden) March 13, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
      To me it seems Canada was intentionally cought unprepared, burning masks, shipping supplies to China,lack of ventilators and now lack of testing. Something smells about this pandemic.
      ..hanlon's razor?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Trump had a guy from NASA come in with a covid room fogger they use to disinfect the ISS. 1 hr fog disinfects an entire room. Restaurants and public indoor spaces are going to have to adapt those sorts of technologies if they want to open again. More private booths, break up the large spaces into individual sections. In short, the days of stuffing everybody into cattle cars is over.

https://www.newsweek.com/nasa-scientists-have-developed-room-sterilization-machine-new-ventilator-fight-coronavirus-1500175 NASA Scientists Have Developed Room-Sterilization Machine and New Ventilator to Fight Coronavirus
        Pardon me if I don’t put my faith in things Trump has had done or thinks work for Covid.

Not entirely sure what disinfecting a room will do if someone infected walks in right after. Kind of defeats the purpose.
        Last edited by Blaithin; Apr 27, 2020, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
          Pardon me if I don’t put my faith in things Trump has had done or thinks work for Covid.

Not entirely sure what disinfecting a room will do if someone infected walks in right after. Kind of defeats the purpose.
          Got to start somewhere. Do you hear anybody giving any other solutions? What does trumps egghead advisors ever offer? Economic shut down for 2 yrs until Billy Gates can immunize 8B people. It took 50 yrs to immunize everyone against polio.

And Trump sounds outlandish?

Comment

You go ahead and slam that shot of bleach then Jazz. Lay yourself out to bake in the sun after.

Things do have to start somewhere and lucky for us the medical community realizes you can’t just promote a method without trialling it at least a little first. Trials of Trumps first super idea haven’t faired too well. I doubt anyone’s even going to trial his recent bright ideas.

Trump doesn’t sound outlandish. He sounds downright dumb. Anybody with grade 12 biology would recognize that.

Comment

Trump doesn’t sound outlandish. He sounds downright dumb. Anybody with grade 12 biology would recognize that.
              Well whats dumb to me is shutting down an economy for something that's killed less people than poisonous snakes. Took a couple phds with computers to come up with that winner. So dumb is relative isn't it?

Comment

Not sure where you live Jazz, but here in Kneehill County, Alberta, my chance of running into a venomous snake is pretty non existent and would require some fairly extenuating circumstances.

Can’t say the same for Covid right now.

If I were to get bit by that random and extremely rare venomous snake, I wouldn’t be putting my health care providers at risk when they treated me.

There’s also a high probability I would have some warning there was a venomous snake within striking distance of me so I could try and avoid it. Much easier to see a snake than a virus.

Good comparison otherwise though. Why not take something that’s got an infinitely small chance of occurring here and compare it to a global pandemic. Next time say I’m more likely to be severely injured or killed by a cow, that’d be more relevant.
                Last edited by Blaithin; Apr 27, 2020, 09:53.

Comment

Not sure where you live Jazz, but here in Kneehill County, Alberta, my chance of running into a venomous snake is pretty non existent and would require some fairly extenuating circumstances.

Can’t say the same for Covid right now.

If I were to get bit by that random and extremely rare venomous snake, I wouldn’t be putting my health care providers at risk when they treated me.

There’s also a high probability I would have some warning there was a venomous snake within striking distance of me so I could try and avoid it. Much easier to see a snake than a virus.

Good comparison otherwise though. Why not take something that’s got an infinitely small chance of occurring here and compare it to a global pandemic. Next time say I’m more likely to be severely injured or killed by a cow, that’d be more relevant.
                  I can't speak for anyone else, During this COVID event, my odds of being killed by a cow have been immeasurably higher than of COVID. Although I can see them coming, and it isn't contagious.

Comment

That’s why I said he should use it as a comparison next time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...