• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid on the ground

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid on the ground

Hear the details from a couple frontline doctors.

If I can destroy chuck with a single video, this should do the trick for the rest.

Last edited by jazz; Apr 26, 2020, 07:11.

This is hard to argue against.

I am of the view that the response is going to prove completely unfair and punitive on my children and grandchildren. And I say that as one from a vulnerable group.

Many around me -most of whom have no children, disagree. They believe that the elderly must be protected at all costs.

When the future looks back on this event, I think the older generation will be remembered as one of the most selfish, privileged and self-entitled of all ages. Not only willing, but actively mortgaging the future to gain a few more years of life.

It would appear that some of the response has been exactly opposite to what would be long-term best for society.
    Last edited by burnt; Apr 26, 2020, 09:26.

Comment

These guys make a good case for Kern County where the prevalence and death rate is favorable.
      They make less of a case for big city California.
      They make some huge assumptions that cannot be backed up by data. At one point they extrapolate the data to assume that there were 4.7 million case of covid in California on April 18. Well, there were only 280,900 tests recorded on that date. And yet they can say there are 4.7 million cases? Brother.
      And then they take the death count and overlay it on this 4.7 million number they extrapolated to arrive at a .03% chance of death.
      Well, when you are sick, dying is the last thing that happens to you, and yet they can say the outcome for the rest of the active cases is going to be 0 deaths? Or that the rate will stay the same? Really?
      What has really happened since this conference recorded on April 18? 370 more deaths. Using their incomplete calculation parameters the rate of death has gone up 197% since April 18 in California.

Another Non Sequitur

What they do present and that has merit is that it is time to relax some restrictions in many jurisdictions. In Kern county there are fewer cases and hospitalizations. They say health professionals are not working and people are suffering with health issues that need attention. Valid concerns. Business is suffering. A valid concern. Freedom is curtailed. Valid.

How do you open the economy when the county next door has discovered 24 times more cases?

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        This is hard to argue against.

I am of the view that the response is going to prove completely unfair and punitive on my children and grandchildren. And I say that as one from a vulnerable group.

Many around me -most of whom have no children, disagree. They believe that the elderly must be protected at all costs.

When the future looks back on this event, I think the older generation will be remembered as one of the most selfish, privileged and self-entitled of all ages. Not only willing, but actively mortgaging the future to gain a few more years of life.

It would appear that some of the response has been exactly opposite to what would be long-term best for society.
        Absolutely 100% agree with you.

Comment

We need different opinions all the time, what we have heard so far is the one side of the argument and that is lock everybody up and being bombarded by millions of people are going to die which is very far from the truth. I believe these doctors had a good argument with prove to back it up. To close the whole economy for this is totally ridiculus.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
            These guys make a good case for Kern County where the prevalence and death rate is favorable.
            They make less of a case for big city California.
            They make some huge assumptions that cannot be backed up by data. At one point they extrapolate the data to assume that there were 4.7 million case of covid in California on April 18. Well, there were only 280,900 tests recorded on that date. And yet they can say there are 4.7 million cases? Brother.
            And then they take the death count and overlay it on this 4.7 million number they extrapolated to arrive at a .03% chance of death.
            Well, when you are sick, dying is the last thing that happens to you, and yet they can say the outcome for the rest of the active cases is going to be 0 deaths? Or that the rate will stay the same? Really?
            What has really happened since this conference recorded on April 18? 370 more deaths. Using their incomplete calculation parameters the rate of death has gone up 197% since April 18 in California.

Another Non Sequitur

What they do present and that has merit is that it is time to relax some restrictions in many jurisdictions. In Kern county there are fewer cases and hospitalizations. They say health professionals are not working and people are suffering with health issues that need attention. Valid concerns. Business is suffering. A valid concern. Freedom is curtailed. Valid.

How do you open the economy when the county next door has discovered 24 times more cases?
            Which county?

Comment

Originally posted by AllisWD45 View Post
              Which county?
              Los Angeles

Comment

We shall see when things open up restaurants etc and cases start to climb who’s gonna go sit in the restaurant? Not enough likely to keep many businesses going.
                It’s not as easy as some think to just say open things up.

Comment

They sure make a lot of unjustified leaps in their numbers.
                  To get an exposed number % , you would have to test a random 1000 people off the street
                  Throughout the state. Not just hot neighborhoods .either.

Not those going to the heath system seeking testing.
                  Which would be a pool much more likely to test positive.

If they cannot get that right from the start.
                  Then the rest is garbage.

Comment

Finally it donned on some scientists that viruses are likely to be spread through the ventilation systems of buildings and cruise ships. Supposedly it was transferred by speaking moistly.

Comment

I do think it’s more area/population dependant than one size fits all.

There’s been two cases in my entire county and while things are different, it hasn’t affected my life to much of a degree. But I can’t compare my situation to someone in a hot spot.

And if there weren’t lockdowns and serious precautions taken... what would it look like?

Take the slaughterhouses. Even if the mortality rate ends up being .03% (big stretch there I think), the morbidity is still going to be phenomenal. So remove lockdown and potentially within less than a week businesses could lose almost their entire workforce anyway when they all get sick. The defence against that would be what... they would only be shut for two weeks while everyone recuperates and then can come back to work? Isn’t there data coming out now that immunity doesn’t seem to be lasting long... what’s the news on that?

Could be hugely damaging to a business’ name if they’re known as a company that shut down because their entire staff was ill. Even if it’s not a food borne illness. Plus you’re getting people who are afraid to go to work.

No easy fix in my mind. Lose business from lockdown protocol or lose business from being infected. Unless somebody is a new age Nostradamus all of a sudden nobody will know what the best approach really is. It’s all theory.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Finally it donned on some scientists that viruses are likely to be spread through the ventilation systems of buildings and cruise ships. Supposedly it was transferred by speaking moistly.
                        Already proven false.

Comment

To me it seems Canada was intentionally cought unprepared, burning masks, shipping supplies to China,lack of ventilators and now lack of testing. Something smells about this pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
                            To me it seems Canada was intentionally cought unprepared, burning masks, shipping supplies to China,lack of ventilators and now lack of testing. Something smells about this pandemic.
                            Donald Trump: No one could have seen this coming! Except those that warned him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                              Could be hugely damaging to a business’ name if they’re known as a company that shut down because their entire staff was ill. Even if it’s not a food borne illness. Plus you’re getting people who are afraid to go to work.
                              Trump had a guy from NASA come in with a covid room fogger they use to disinfect the ISS. 1 hr fog disinfects an entire room. Restaurants and public indoor spaces are going to have to adapt those sorts of technologies if they want to open again. More private booths, break up the large spaces into individual sections. In short, the days of stuffing everybody into cattle cars is over.

https://www.newsweek.com/nasa-scientists-have-developed-room-sterilization-machine-new-ventilator-fight-coronavirus-1500175 NASA Scientists Have Developed Room-Sterilization Machine and New Ventilator to Fight Coronavirus

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...