• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More food being destroyed...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More food being destroyed...

Pigs now...

so we have vegetables being tilled under....eggs being destroyed ...milk being sewered...what is next...

Farmers feed the world??????

Why isn't anyone looking for ways to actually feed the world.....

Governments have millions unemployed but no one can be trained to help in slaughterhouses?????

Something isn't adding up...

maybe the idea of paying farmers and giving the food away will take hold....

If a person is starving in other parts of the world sounds like death is imminent either way....might as well give them a full belly as an experiment....

Watching food being destroyed is just demoralizing as a farmer...

One thing is for sure....the Westons won't be suffering through this pandemic

They are liquidating whole barns. Turn inject gas kills all and bury.

Too bad we can't do that with politicians.

Oh shit, my inside voice came out.

Sad in Canada we have a real shit show running Canada. Where Grain, oil and gas mean nothing.

Safeway has lots of food.

Comment

You know the guys that admitting to price fixing bread after a decade of doing it....

It started when the price of wheat went up and they had an excuse to just keep on...

Imagine the opportunity during this pandemic to really phuck consumers..

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
        They are liquidating whole barns. Turn inject gas kills all and bury.

Too bad we can't do that with politicians.

Oh shit, my inside voice came out.
        My outside voice wishes to inform your inside voice to come out and play more often. And bring along any other voices as well - the more the merrier.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

You know the guys that admitting to price fixing bread after a decade of doing it....

It started when the price of wheat went up and they had an excuse to just keep on...

that opportunity will soon be coming to the meat packers. Cull cows will be worthless again and the packers will take them for pennies, and it will be like a lottery winning for them. 20 cent / lb beef turns into $5 /lb meat at the store. 2003 all over again. Hopefully not , but ........

Comment

Or like when the packing plants all closed due to covid and the price of cattle tanked, meanwhile the price in the grocery store skyrocketed because of a supply shortage. Then when the packers reopened they were able to buy at rock bottom and sell at sky high. And were able to do this for months if not yrs, claiming a supply glut. Oh wait that hasn't happened, YET!

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
              that opportunity will soon be coming to the meat packers. Cull cows will be worthless again and the packers will take them for pennies, and it will be like a lottery winning for them. 20 cent / lb beef turns into $5 /lb meat at the store. 2003 all over again. Hopefully not , but ........
              That’s what will happen, already starting .

Comment

Incompetent governments here and around the world and people who can not see that are to blame for this mess we find ourselves in...

I started to type a plan to move forward but thought to myself forget it what’s the point. Time better spent trying to manage my own operation rather than offering pointless advice to our leaders.

I have not seen one good economic policy from this Trudeau government the entire time he has been in office... not a single one.

Anyone who cares to listen to him appear daily good for you - you will survive this economic disaster better than I because obviously you have more intestinal fortitude than me.

Anyone who read this post sorry to waste your time it was as pointless, in fact even more pointless than Trudeaus daily briefing as I have no free money program details.

Comment

You got to ask yourself with all the concerns about covid-19 being spread so easily amongst large groups of people, the killiing plant would have done their own testing on their employees daily before letting them enter the plant.

Hundreds of workers side by side in the plants, living in share accommodations, and car pooling how could covid-19 not flare up in these killing plants.

Sounds like Killing Plant Management didn't take proper precautionary measures to avoid covid-19 entering their plants and now they are all shutting down.

Killing plant profits will now soar once they open up again, not so much for the beef producer!

Comment

Pigs now...

so we have vegetables being tilled under....eggs being destroyed ...milk being sewered...what is next...

Farmers feed the world??????

Why isn't anyone looking for ways to actually feed the world.....

Governments have millions unemployed but no one can be trained to help in slaughterhouses?????

Something isn't adding up...

maybe the idea of paying farmers and giving the food away will take hold....

If a person is starving in other parts of the world sounds like death is imminent either way....might as well give them a full belly as an experiment....

Watching food being destroyed is just demoralizing as a farmer...

Just think what could have been done if the federal payouts would have been direct to purchase the un-marketed food stock and distributed to families as a partial support instead of writing cheques for everyone.

It would take some serious production adjustments, but certainly workable over time.

But maybe someone has a magic wand and this will all be over next week...

Comment

World is over populated, gotta bring the numbers down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...