• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Kenney

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Kenney

What is he up to with the Chinese? Don't we have enough problems?

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    How is your buddy Justin doing with the two Canadians he had jailed in solitary confinement with 24hr lights on in China for over 500 days now? Just abandoned there, pretty sad.

Comment

"Those pesky Canadians are complaining again.

Is that new virus almost ready to send out to them?"

Click image for larger version

Name:	WuFlu Flag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	769644

"Canada says one million face masks from China failed to meet proper standards..."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-says-one-million-face-masks-from-china-failed-to-meet-proper/?utm_medium=Referrer:+Social+Network+/+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-says-one-million-face-masks-from-china-failed-to-meet-proper/?utm_medium=Referrer:+Social+Network+/+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        "Those pesky Canadians are complaining again.

Is that new virus almost ready to send out to them?"

[ATTACH]5963[/ATTACH]

"Canada says one million face masks from China failed to meet proper standards..."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-says-one-million-face-masks-from-china-failed-to-meet-proper/?utm_medium=Referrer:+Social+Network+/+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canada-says-one-million-face-masks-from-china-failed-to-meet-proper/?utm_medium=Referrer:+Social+Network+/+Media&utm_campaign=Shared+Web+Article+Links
        "Is that new virus almost ready to send out to them?"

Maybe they have already, as it sounds like there's a new Covid that is damaging the blood now,,, instead of just wetting the lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          Who knows what he’s ever up too. He lives in his own world. If oil stays in the shitter he needs to find a new leg to prop himself up with.

Comment

We are all gonna need another leg to stand on smartie

Comment

I don’t have a political career based entirely on the platform of Making Alberta Great with Oil Again. Depressed oil markets will affect me but not in any career altering way. Kenney put all his eggs in one basket and is now struggling to get back to the house with it.

Also one of the main reasons I’ll feel as much over an oil recession as I will is because of the provincial governments almost blind determination to rely on the oil and gas sector. Had they even tried to diversify a bit more it wouldn’t be the great kick in the balls that it is. Alas, Kenney is a lover of history; he wishes times were like the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                I don’t have a political career based entirely on the platform of Making Alberta Great with Oil Again. Depressed oil markets will affect me but not in any career altering way. Kenney put all his eggs in one basket and is now struggling to get back to the house with it.

Also one of the main reasons I’ll feel as much over an oil recession as I will is because of the provincial governments almost blind determination to rely on the oil and gas sector. Had they even tried to diversify a bit more it wouldn’t be the great kick in the balls that it is. Alas, Kenney is a lover of history; he wishes times were like the past.
                There are other industries also, but I do feel put off that agriculture is never mentioned in AB as a primary important industry. He does need to think outside the box a bit, however oil companies pay for a lot of things at all levels of government. Our county has been about 60% of revenue from oil taxes.

Comment

It would be very helpful to become familiar with a bit of Alberta's historic economic base and compare it to the present before judging anyone else for their approach. (Something didn't display as intended here) The slide at the bottom shows the changes -

ATTACH]5964[/ATTACH]

And this shows a slightly more defined breakdown -

https://www.statista.com/statistics/608354/gdp-distribution-of-alberta-canada-by-industry/ https://www.statista.com/statistics/608354/gdp-distribution-of-alberta-canada-by-industry/

For all the complainers who gripe that oil should be left in the ground, none have yet come up with any justification for this: why should a geographic area with a valuable and necessary resource leave it unused while the same resource is being imported from other areas?

By the same reasoning, perhaps your farm or ranch should be shut down because your neighbors protest the smell and noise. Or the fact that you use chemicals for your crops. Or object to your exploitation of livestock.

Oh wait - those "extremes" are more than just silly or remote possibilities. If you support the shutdown or locking in of oil, because when they get those industries shut down, you are going to become the next victim of the ecofreaks who are against O&G and mining.

This has nothing to do with the environment and everything to do with a few puppeteers making their fortune on the backs of useful idiots/climate bed-wetters whom they play like a fish on a string.

Bottom line - there is no country which can "diversify" their economy enough to offset the economic destruction being imposed on countries who entertain and allow economic saboteurs free reign like sock boy does here.

Their objective is unadulterated nihilism.
                  Last edited by burnt; Apr 23, 2020, 20:13.

Comment

Who said anything about leaving it in the ground?

Don’t mistake my dislike of Kenney with an idealism for oil free living. I make great use of oil and gas.

Doesn’t mean I think it should be the main or sole focus of a government. Especially in today’s global market. Oil companies have done lots for the province, sure. So have the companies of other industries. So have the workers of other industries. Why Alberta has to be so focused on oil is beyond me. It’s like we only have one eye and no peripherally vision.

Comment

Who said anything about leaving it in the ground?

Don’t mistake my dislike of Kenney with an idealism for oil free living. I make great use of oil and gas.

Doesn’t mean I think it should be the main or sole focus of a government. Especially in today’s global market. Oil companies have done lots for the province, sure. So have the companies of other industries. So have the workers of other industries. Why Alberta has to be so focused on oil is beyond me. It’s like we only have one eye and no peripherally vision.
                      If anyone needs an illustration of how that kind of thinking is very welcome and usable to nefarious interests, you just may find it here.

No one is speaking against developing other avenues of industry. And at the same time, no one is presenting a cogent argument for not promoting a dominant and abundant resource.

Finally, it's intellectually lazy to shrill for broadening an economic base without offering valid alternatives.

Comment

I have plenty of things I’d like to see more investment in.

I’ve also seen many on here disparage and degrade some of those ideas. Since I’m not in the mood or the place for an in-depth defence and explanation of why I feel those things deserve investment, I haven’t listed them. I’m sure I’m not the only member who avoids bringing up some topics. While everyone is entitled to their opinion, the vociferous and obnoxious ways some express their opinions here will definitely be curtailing others discussing theirs.

However silence on a subject shouldn’t be assumed to be ignorance or intellectual laziness. In many cases it’s probably the opposite and speaking is what gives such things away.
                        Last edited by Blaithin; Apr 23, 2020, 21:47.

Comment

Take it for what it is.

Comment

Hard to believe public administration is higher than agriculture and forestry

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                              Hard to believe public administration is higher than agriculture and forestry
                              Only until one realizes the harmful impact of leftist government.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...