• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well, the nice weather continues and Spring harvest of the 2019 crop rolls on.

We hit the halfway mark last night with 10 quarters still to do. Most are in the same place. North they still have snow issues.

One Wheat and then nine Canola.

It looked like a typical fall day north of Town last night. Combines in all directions going or finishing up.

By the line up at the Terminal this morning, I guess HRS is finally moving and yes it's a #2 with good protein. The spring stuff has lost one point but that is all and min is being missed. Oh its also dry.

Fuel is so cool at this time. .49 cents a litre delivered is out there in some places or just a little higher at .52. Did here gas is also down. So they jacked it when farmers were filling all the big tanks only to drop it now with no demand. Market works.

Seeding will still be a good week away to 10 days in our area the ground still has issues but snow in back roads is going fast. Yea its a mud bowl in fields that the crop was covering the ground. Swath fields are drying up. Moisture for spring germination won't be an issue.

Guys are also getting drills ready but nothing really new in a lot of yards, even the Big guy is quiet.

So We have Justin the new Oprah. A billion for you a billion for you and students your hurt and damaged a billion for you. What is the one group he forgot? Ah, food. But who needs that when Safeway is open and my private cook can get all he wants.

Is anyone else finds this hilarious already? Canada is the only country in the world Bankrupting itself for a WHO disease and we're the only country backing China. Or why has he done zero for the two industries that create wealth to pay this shit back oil and farming. One world Gov and Skippy wants the job. Who the **** is going to pay for all this when a real threat happens.

I'm baffled. Its Seniors day. Outcomes the Gopher and makes an announcement then back in his hole.

All I have to say is our Farm Reps should all step down as they are useless, You were played.

Now Scott Moe comes on last night and does his speech. Its was all about Saskatchewan people how we are the ones who listened and actually got this virus controlled. Yes were a sparse population to all the haters but really he is starting to show he can handle the job very well. Now Ryan backed the Nurses head who looked like a real shit head with her comments the other day. This isn't a time for politics and the NDP tried and failed. Ryan got his medial licence back and should keep it because after the election he will need it.

Slow and steady get the economy back to work. Justin maybe wake the **** up and start thinking of a plan to get Canada going instead of making us a welfare state.

Brazil is dry and yields are down. yes down.

USA winter wheat froze its just shshshshshs don't say anything feed it to the cows.

Also, the Winter Canola crop in Europe has some issues.

To all those harvestings have a safe and good spring harvest slip slide and away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FDC79AC6-E085-40CF-951E-50C7C1DC655C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	769639

Any one thinking about a bigger farm garden this year? Ordered my seeds last night and they are delayed.

Name:	5B44CE52-BA85-44E1-98F0-1F6459E75129.jpg
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	769640

Canola coming off looks not bad and it’s dry. One guy who had lots out sold it all and yes it’s still a one.

Name:	E418C93C-1EA9-4570-89B2-C00C4EB944CE.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	769641

Comment

SF3

Having any trouble in the fields?

I am spinning ruts occasionally and sliding down hills once in a while....just leaving a phuck of a mess to clean up....

Frost is coming out and finding the best might be to wait for some firmer ground....

We didn't have much snow and it wasn't this wet last fall...

really slowing things down..and adding more work to clean up.

Comment

It usually starts to get real stupid at about 4 Pm. I'm on last quarter of HRS to swath and pickup and yea it will be a mess when done but heavy harrow and go should work or Salfor.

What I like is Diesel is cheap, I don't have to dry, Grade isn't bad and Days are getting longer and hotter and the wind blows. Manpower is great and Hey, Mallie I figured it out you do have an advantage over us at harvest time.

Comment

what was nurses head comment , missed that ?

Comment

She basically said it is very Bad for the Saskatchewan gov to think about starting the economy at this time.

Didn't look at a plan to start it or anything. Just typical NDP dribble. Then Ryan changed his mind and agreed. I guess they phoned and said hey we fund you so walk our walk or no cash.

He's back to work so readily for his old carrier.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
              Well, the nice weather continues and Spring harvest of the 2019 crop rolls on.

We hit the halfway mark last night with 10 quarters still to do. Most are in the same place. North they still have snow issues.

One Wheat and then nine Canola.

It looked like a typical fall day north of Town last night. Combines in all directions going or finishing up.

By the line up at the Terminal this morning, I guess HRS is finally moving and yes it's a #2 with good protein. The spring stuff has lost one point but that is all and min is being missed. Oh its also dry.

Fuel is so cool at this time. .49 cents a litre delivered is out there in some places or just a little higher at .52. Did here gas is also down. So they jacked it when farmers were filling all the big tanks only to drop it now with no demand. Market works.

Seeding will still be a good week away to 10 days in our area the ground still has issues but snow in back roads is going fast. Yea its a mud bowl in fields that the crop was covering the ground. Swath fields are drying up. Moisture for spring germination won't be an issue.

Guys are also getting drills ready but nothing really new in a lot of yards, even the Big guy is quiet.

So We have Justin the new Oprah. A billion for you a billion for you and students your hurt and damaged a billion for you. What is the one group he forgot? Ah, food. But who needs that when Safeway is open and my private cook can get all he wants.

Is anyone else finds this hilarious already? Canada is the only country in the world Bankrupting itself for a WHO disease and we're the only country backing China. Or why has he done zero for the two industries that create wealth to pay this shit back oil and farming. One world Gov and Skippy wants the job. Who the **** is going to pay for all this when a real threat happens.

I'm baffled. Its Seniors day. Outcomes the Gopher and makes an announcement then back in his hole.

All I have to say is our Farm Reps should all step down as they are useless, You were played.

Now Scott Moe comes on last night and does his speech. Its was all about Saskatchewan people how we are the ones who listened and actually got this virus controlled. Yes were a sparse population to all the haters but really he is starting to show he can handle the job very well. Now Ryan backed the Nurses head who looked like a real shit head with her comments the other day. This isn't a time for politics and the NDP tried and failed. Ryan got his medial licence back and should keep it because after the election he will need it.

Slow and steady get the economy back to work. Justin maybe wake the **** up and start thinking of a plan to get Canada going instead of making us a welfare state.

Brazil is dry and yields are down. yes down.

USA winter wheat froze its just shshshshshs don't say anything feed it to the cows.

Also, the Winter Canola crop in Europe has some issues.

To all those harvestings have a safe and good spring harvest slip slide and away.
              Garden bigger this year all seeds arrived but local seed supplier is overwhelmed. Local garden plots filled. Canning supplies next. This will be our back to the future moment.

Comment

By the time you get done combining SF, fuel will be 16 cents a gallon/ same price as it was in 1966 when we could burn3 tanks of purple every weekend. 😂

Comment

[ATTACH]5955[/ATTACH]

Any one thinking about a bigger farm garden this year? Ordered my seeds last night and they are delayed.

[ATTACH]5956[/ATTACH]

Canola coming off looks not bad and it’s dry. One guy who had lots out sold it all and yes it’s still a one.

[ATTACH]5957[/ATTACH]
                  Looks really good!
                  Moe is in a tough spot, if there is one hiccup in his re opening plan he will be blamed for opening too soon, if he doesnt start to open he will be blamed for not opening soon enough and killing business.

Comment

Amazing and glad for you how the sample held up. Wow.

A suggestion if I may for those planning a bigger garden. I think you would do far better to feed a calf? Or maybe a bigger garden AND feed a calf up? Between the density of actual meat, and the fact that it may become very pricey, maybe it is time to bring back a critter to the farm? Put in for the moose and elk draw and hope? Lol

I guess it depends on what you will grow in the garden with the idea to preserve it, which is a pile of work...
                    Last edited by Sheepwheat; Apr 23, 2020, 08:18.

Comment

"if there is one hiccup in his re opening plan he will be blamed"
                      As I said in another thread, LOTS of people, school kids working, and we are at this stage. Many more can do same, distance and clean. This is not rocket science, just use your head. Conversations outside at 10' are ZERO risk. If sick stay home YES! Many Stores work so can other business. Limit numbers, DON"T touch your face. By they way friends wanted to talk from a distance yesterday, we are all MISSING the in person social interaction. Visited the folks at their window, it works. Staff at lodge are fantastic! Still at work with precautions. Oh and other than staff there, NOBODY wore a mask in town.

If the crop winters like you say, next time harvest is +20 moisture, leave it in the field! Cheaper and less stress.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                        [B]

If the crop winters like you say, next time harvest is +20 moisture, leave it in the field! Cheaper and less stress.

Absolutely...5cwad worth more dry than the 2cwad I signed last august and fought with damp......

Fields here are not quite ready for combining ...making a phuck of a mess....grain is dry.

Comment

On last field and yes I left my worst for the last. It’s flat it muddy and it’s got trees.

Yes it is a no cat rule. Federal gov is yo blame.

Name:	E6491E48-764C-4596-BFC9-4E04620B8E94.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	769643

Comment

On last field and yes I left my worst for the last. It’s flat it muddy and it’s got trees.

Yes it is a no cat rule. Federal gov is yo blame.

[ATTACH]5962[/ATTACH]
                            Whats is that no cat deal ?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              Whats is that no cat deal ?
                              I'm guessing it has something to do with lexion combines?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...