• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Pensions necessary with UBI?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Pensions necessary with UBI?

Now that "everyone" is getting a check, are pensions really necessary? Will UBI replace the pensions that have bigger obligations then capable of paying out? How strong is a govt promise? Has everything changed with the Wu flu? I really can't see these recent checks disappearing, but i can definitely see pensions vanishing. I hope no one expects both.

IMO, we should just have a UBI, with modifiers for certain situations i.e. low income seniors or people with disability

CPP is different though because the workers are deducted for it and are paid out based on how much they contribute.

EI is simple enough that it could be rolled into UBI

Comment

Being that this was all caused by a virus that heavily targets old people.

And up to this point, young people were having a fairly decent life.

And that this whole shit show has ****ed up their fairly decent life.

And that the reopening is being delayed by a bunch of previously half-dead dying people in death houses.

The question young people might ask when they have no jobs after this: are old people necessary?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...