• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to invest in oil?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to invest in oil?

So what's the best way to make a play on oil? I have a self directed investment account. I think oil will rise long term. I'm a little unsure of buying oil futures, it may not rise fast enough before the contract expires. Then you roll your gains away. Not sure about buying Canadian oil company stocks, government seems to have it in for them. Buying US oil company stocks would mean I'd have to manage the currency too. EFT's? Read an article how EFTs had got hit hard lately because they were caught holding a large position in the front month oil futures ( which went negative recently).
    Any and all comments appreciated.

Might be good bet , US Navy just given orders to shoot down Iranian gun boats if need be .....

Comment

Originally posted by Maver View Post
      So what's the best way to make a play on oil? I have a self directed investment account. I think oil will rise long term. I'm a little unsure of buying oil futures, it may not rise fast enough before the contract expires. Then you roll your gains away. Not sure about buying Canadian oil company stocks, government seems to have it in for them. Buying US oil company stocks would mean I'd have to manage the currency too. EFT's? Read an article how EFTs had got hit hard lately because they were caught holding a large position in the front month oil futures ( which went negative recently).
      Any and all comments appreciated.
      I've been looking into this as well, and I think you have to buy physical product. That was the reason it went into negative territory because there was no storage left, companies paying other companies to take the oil and store it. But I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Might be good bet , US Navy just given orders to shoot down Iranian gun boats if need be .....
        Like what has taken so long for this order to come down, you cant ride a sea doo within a certain range of a cruise ship but yet terrorist assholes can buzz war ships with little boats? Lol those losers would see one of their buddies get vaporized and they would never be back.

Comment

a couple of things you could look at:

-buy the etf ZEO. it has a lot of the big Canadian oil and gas companies, as well as pipelines. it's paying a nice yield over 7% right now as well, which is eligible for the dividend tax credit.

-buy out of the money call options. then if you guess wrong, you're just out your premium.

Comment

Olds auction has a 400 barrel tank I including delivery for sale next week. Joining the club, start s tank farm.

Comment

If you’re investing for a longer term a dividend paying stock with the “DRIP” could work well if things return to normal over several years.
              Last edited by Oliver88; Apr 22, 2020, 11:19.

Comment

Every farm seems to be buying a s*it load of fuel. The thieves will be happy, unless the guard dog is trained in military style tactics. It's back to the good old days.

Comment

I don’t recommend HOU 2x ETF

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    Invest in your Farm not oil !
                    Oh crap, I thought you said invest in "Farma"....

DYODD...

Comment

NG over oil, here.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                        NG over oil, here.
                        NG stocks?

Comment

HOU was $70 first week of Jan 2020, now $1.62, volume way up. Jump on the wagon!
                          Wouldn’t you like to be the one who bought at 70, wasn’t me-was it?
                          Last edited by sumdumguy; Apr 22, 2020, 20:16.

Comment

Dyed diesel $.505 today

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              HOU was $70 first week of Jan 2020, now $1.62, volume way up. Jump on the wagon!
                              Wouldn’t you like to be the one who bought at 70, wasn’t me-was it?
                              Maybe it's "due"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...