• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag Stab A waste of Time and paper and employees.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag Stab A waste of Time and paper and employees.

I have said it before I got a check back in 2003 for the frost of 2002 and thought the program worked then in 2012 I had an audit because they had no work and guess what I had to pay it all back. Over a hundred thousand dollars. Ok, no problem.

Then came the flood years and slowly it was like trying to find a leak in Hover Dam. Margins dropped slowly over the years.

So Zero payments ever again so just send the check and all is good.

Then a few years ago my Accountant gets a letter and so do I that they aren't happy about something that happened in 2015. The long list we ignored and couldn't care since its a useless program.

Well with having 1/3 of the crop out I thought maybe its time to be nice so we answered all questions about the shit show of 2015. Flood and wildlife etc.

Yesterday I get a letter thanking me for helping out but now they want more info.

Sending a letter to tell them to stick the useless program and dropping out.

This never was a program that would work. It was bullshit from day one.

Money comes to the province from Ottawa to employ people and that money is spent making sure people don't qualify for anything.

Ah once you realize they all don't care a **** about farmers and its just you.

Have a great day Done with Ag STab

I quit agstability a couple years ago.between insurance payments and cattle it always seemed to average out my income.Never did like getting an audit and have to dig into crop insurance income tax and agstability numbers to explain things.2003 had a frozen crop BSE hit and they changed the way breeding cattle were counted as inventory and got no payment.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      I have said it before I got a check back in 2003 for the frost of 2002 and thought the program worked then in 2012 I had an audit because they had no work and guess what I had to pay it all back. Over a hundred thousand dollars. Ok, no problem.

Then came the flood years and slowly it was like trying to find a leak in Hover Dam. Margins dropped slowly over the years.

Then a few years ago my Accountant gets a letter and so do I that they aren't happy about something that happened in 2015. The long list we ignored and couldn't care since its a useless program.

Well with having 1/3 of the crop out I thought maybe its time to be nice so we answered all questions about the shit show of 2015. Flood and wildlife etc.

Yesterday I get a letter thanking me for helping out but now they want more info.

Money comes to the province from Ottawa to employ people and that money is spent making sure people don't qualify for anything.

I withdrew from Agstability roughly 3 years ago. Having both grain and cattle my conclusion was it would never pay. In my opinion it is a program where I pay to give the government all my information, a complete waste of time and money.

Comment

I agree they can change anything and it's all good.

But the program was better run when it was done out of Winnipeg.

Most farmers don't care about the program and they wonder why.

Comment

You can thank Yerry the guy hitting the Hall of Fame wall and his masters for the shitshow we are in...

If the conservatives just would admit they phucked up farm programs I would be more civil about how useless they are as an opposition...

Out of some 100s of billions handed out ...they couldn't negotiate an adhoc that kept pace with the US ...would a 3-5 billion adhoc be a bad thing for Western Canadian farmers ?????? Or the economy as a whole...

Comment

Farm groups have been saying they want 85 percent reference margins...easy change but won't happen...

David Marit said there are adequate programs in place....he doesn't want the province to contribute to agri recovery or put more into farmers pockets....he really never was a farmer....

He spent his life sitting in meetings...someone else took care of his farm ...you guys know the type ...more work gets done when they are gone ....

Comment

I do agree Jerry screwed up on lots. No accountability after the CWB was done. That is number one. Then Pissing away at Ag stab and gutting it.

Sask likes the check from Ottawa to cover the expenses at Crap insurance in Melville.

For years I said get a crop insurance program that was 2020, not 1957. All would work.

But no they play fun with numbers and guess what it's designed not to work.

Comment

When george w bush was signing a farm bill years ago, he was being questioned on it and he said if I give a farmer 5 dollars he spends 10 in town. Immediate economic stimulus. I just cant understand how our government doesnt see how economically important all of our ag industry is. Every ag program they have come up with in the last 25 years or more are nothing more than government job creation.

Comment

Again you hit the nail on the head. Or they are intended to help keep the suppliers paid and that way the shit show can continue.

Comment

Heads up. If you are opting out of Agristability remember you still need to fill out the forms to qualify for AgriInvest.

Just check the box for AgriInvest and leave the Agristability one empty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	agforms.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	769636

Comment

Here will be a typical question in future years about spring 2020.

1. Why is your diesel price so much lower than our projected expenses for 2020.

2. Why are your expenses so much less for 2019.

Ah, diesel was half price and when the crop is out and it's over 1/3 you don't spend lots.

Claimed Denied.

Comment

Is the application as "in depth" for AgInvest as it is for AgStab?
                        Probably not as much "reconciling" in AgInvest than the forensic AgStab application audit.

That is probably where SF3 is running into problems, things need to jive( within 10% ) from one year to the next.

I suggest hiring wiseguy as your representative.

Comment

You can blame Yery or the Tooth Fairy but the real villain in less farm support money is the Treasury Dept. They give Ag a block of money and say that's it. Divide it up as you see fit. So Ag cuts programs, lowers reference margins etc to put the puzzle together.

Comment

Here will be a typical question in future years about spring 2020.

1. Why is your diesel price so much lower than our projected expenses for 2020.

2. Why are your expenses so much less for 2019.

Ah, diesel was half price and when the crop is out and it's over 1/3 you don't spend lots.

Claimed Denied.
                            So true. Many years ago to be exact BSE years when i was in the purebred cattle business I applied. I had several calls from them as to why for the size of my cowherd I had 60 bulls on hand and most herds that size had about 5. Finally after i thought i had convinced the lady that was my sales inventory and that was the business i was in my claim was denied anyway. Dropped out after that couldn't handle that kind of stupid anymore

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              Is the application as "in depth" for AgInvest as it is for AgStab?
                              Probably not as much "reconciling" in AgInvest than the forensic AgStab application audit.

That is probably where SF3 is running into problems, things need to jive( within 10% ) from one year to the next.

I suggest hiring wiseguy as your representative.
                              Same application, but with the objective of establishing the amount for AgriInvest purposes.
                              If you ever want to get back in to Agristability (and personally I wouldn't) all your inventory numbers are on record.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...