• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any seeding this week coming up?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any seeding this week coming up?

Snow line will be receding quickly the next few days
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SKap19.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	779362

Why did guys not learn from last years seeding in April?

Drew has a heavy cooling period around the middle of May so Canola seeded early will be bye-bye.

Comment

Ground hasn't thawed yet in the Ghetto.
      Weird scenario, top might be dry in some spots but probably still froze solid afew inches down.
      Soil moisture better, "so far", than last spring.

Comment

Good morning! Hoping to be in the field seeding some grass by the end of this week. Have to get our calves branded firstA few of the BTO s are starting to roll out here in my neck of the woods. you have to drive a long ways to see any weeds growing , but yesterday we had 20 degrees C and day before that 18 , so the weeds will be growing now. Hope after seeding is done , maybe the Province will be back to a normal pattern.

It is my opinion only , but the US border should be shut down for another 6 months. Almost a million cases of Corona virus makes me very edgy.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Why did guys not learn from last years seeding in April?

Drew has a heavy cooling period around the middle of May so Canola seeded early will be bye-bye.
          No learning, schools out...

Comment

Water started running here just a few days ago
            Will be 2 weeks yet here

Comment

seriously how well did the early seeding work for guys last year.

I know of one field across the valley that was half the crop seeded on April 20th.

But it's your farm your free canola seed for second go so party on.

For our area, the start date is around Monday the 4th of May.

Comment

Will shoot for the may 4th start as we still have combining to do and it will take me awhile to get some fields in shape. I agree that the frost isn’t out of the ground yet. I have enough trouble seeding our land once let alone going over it another time. To each their own. We have not seeded in April before and probably won’t start this year.

Comment

Won’t be combining here by May 4th let alone seeding. Inch of snow overnight. No water running yet. Might today if it warms up like they theoretically say. Gunna be a big runoff. Will be a lot of water laying around after. Only after it dissipates will the combines roll. Hope we can combine by mid May? Seed by lanyard 20th? LOTS of rain forecast in the next two weeks as well.

Comment

Snowed two night in arrow! we are hardly gaining on melting this white SHIT. We are in the SNOW zone on your map. Like spring forgot about the N? Highest temp so far is about +6C! May 20 maybe...

Comment

I can't find the Ghetto in that imagery.....I need high-resolution.

Comment

If weather pattern holds, and machinery parts supply chains dont eff me, I'm hoping for the weekend. Alot of things to come together between now and then. Frost was out to about 8" 2 days ago, and yesterday was 17C. Soil temp was mid to high 40s 2 days ago. I'll check again this morning and see where it's at.

Comment

Seeding this week, not a chance, we're at least 3 weeks from any meaningful field work. Our fields today are still complete white, with any luck water should start to move tomorrow. To date our high for the month is about 3C, but their forecasting 9C for today and 12C for tomorrow.Hope you guys with no snow get going soon so when we do get going we won't have to wait for juice.😁
                          Good luck seedings everyone and be safe.

Pic from this morning.
                          Last edited by Sodbuster; Apr 21, 2020, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Water started running here just a few days ago
                            Will be 2 weeks yet here
                            3 weeks here
                            Ground white again from last night

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                              I can't find the Ghetto in that imagery.....I need high-resolution.
                              You're likely under a cloud

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...