• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

53% of farmers APAS survey!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So here’s rhe dilemma small picture whether farms will survive big picture will
    There be world shortage of food (wars).

As long as a farmer has equity get the crop in the ground. Others are getting money not
    Loans????
    Crop might be worth 30% more in the fall if other countries can’t produce and can buy. Crop might be worth 50% lesson the fall if can’t move it or no one can buy it. Or worth nothing.

So tell me which one of these is rhe most important? And with crop at 50% how many are viable? Nobody knows any of this except everyone will know if acres go unseeded and there is a drought or flood and food is short everyone willl know who didn t take care of that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
      I don’t know about you guys but my lender will still gladly lend me enough to sink myself. Are these folks with credit issues the same perennial ones every year? Just asking .......
      Not to be ignorant. ...but is your farm that secure to compete against the close to 70 billion CDN that trump has sent US farmers....

You will be getting lower prices while the US rancher is made whole....

Thought some would have learnt from BSE and what it did ....

If borrowing is the prerequisite of success ....carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
        So here’s rhe dilemma small picture whether farms will survive big picture will
        There be world shortage of food (wars).

As long as a farmer has equity get the crop in the ground. Others are getting money not
        Loans????
        Crop might be worth 30% more in the fall if other countries can’t produce and can buy. Crop might be worth 50% lesson the fall if can’t move it or no one can buy it. Or worth nothing.

So tell me which one of these is rhe most important? And with crop at 50% how many are viable? Nobody knows any of this except everyone will know if acres go unseeded and there is a drought or flood and food is short everyone willl know who didn t take care of that situation.
        Well its probably better to have the crop to sell, then if option 1, the 30%, happens, at least you can make money. The other way no matter what happens you lose.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...