• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cash Rents

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash Rents

Has anyone paid them? Is anyone renegotiating them or deferring them? There is no certainty that even if farmers grow a crop that it will move in the immediate future.

usually paid ours in march , paid feb. 1 this year so they didn't have to worry about the uncertainty in ag
    we rent from some real understanding nice landlords ! have never tried to bleed us dry

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Has anyone paid them? Is anyone renegotiating them or deferring them? There is no certainty that even if farmers grow a crop that it will move in the immediate future.
      Yes to first question. Any renegotiating in this area still in an upward direction. Farmers are their own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
        Yes to first question. Any renegotiating in this area still in an upward direction. Farmers are their own worst enemy.
        That is not good news.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          What do you gross that your always wining about rent ??

50 x 10 = 500 an acre !

Lots of room to pay the rent !

Or is your fertilizer not working ??
          Not sure if your question is directed at me but I will bite. Unfortunately in my case over 60% of my crop land is rented. As land rent has increased 75% in the last 6-7 years it has definitely decreased margins. As for your speculation of the returns from canola, yes there can be good returns from canola but not every year and that is only 1/3 max of my acres. Land rent costs aren't the only increase, machinery and repair costs have escalated, seed costs,fuel costs are down this year but higher in the past. Trucking costs to the elevator continue to rise, on and on. Still fun just higher risk.

Comment

What's surprising is the range.

Shouldn't the people taking the risk make more than the landlord?

Comment

Not really !

sask crop insurance / agstab is there for Farmers !
              Serfdom here we come!

My distant relates left the old country to be in charge of their destiny. I’ve never minded making mortgage payments but rent payments feels like the diesel bill ............ nothing but smoke to show for it afterwards.

P.S. If agristability is your “safety net” you’re braver than I. I don’t want to count on pennies showing up two years after a catastrophe to “save” me.

Wiseguy you sure are hard to catch like a gopher ............. one minute your post is there and the next it’s gone😉

Comment

Not really !

sask crop insurance / agstab is there for Farmers !
                He must of missed the memo where AF5 said we're supposed to put an asterisk behind our comments to denote when sarcasm was intended.

I'm guessing he intended sarcasm*

Lol....

Comment

Lots of competition for rents around here, definitely not going down.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...