• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's left...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    All the sask Party has to do is ask for assistance to farmers and it would happen. They don’t want to all their friends covered. Oil is all they worry about. How dumb is that now? Maybe people will get the drift your economy is more than one industry. We re going to all
    pay dearly for that decision now more than otherwise. Start looking at made in Canada products of all kinds but will never happen until we get rid of an oil owned government. The alternative is asleep so we r in a real shitshow.
    You post but have no clue. Oil is covered??? There is such a small part of the industry that does this work. It would be like paying hog farmers to empty their barns and saying ag is covered. You sound like Trump on medical advice.

Personally I think the reason there hasn't been any money for ag is because we haven't felt the pain yet. This fall if markets collapse because of lower demand and logistic problems then maybe there will be an argument. But don't expect a handout because they are rolling it out the door. Can you honestly say your revenues are down 30% because of Covid-19?

All that said, I think there is likely going to need to assistance in the various livestock sectors because of packing plant closures. But grains have not felt any issue that wasn't there pre-covid-19.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
      And don’t forget, the government charges a 30% tax on all those transactions.
      I’m pretty sure the hooker isn’t claiming her income or issuing receipts for services rendered.................. I don’t have first hand knowledge of this though😉

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
        You post but have no clue. Oil is covered??? There is such a small part of the industry that does this work. It would be like paying hog farmers to empty their barns and saying ag is covered. You sound like Trump on medical advice.

Personally I think the reason there hasn't been any money for ag is because we haven't felt the pain yet. This fall if markets collapse because of lower demand and logistic problems then maybe there will be an argument. But don't expect a handout because they are rolling it out the door. Can you honestly say your revenues are down 30% because of Covid-19?

All that said, I think there is likely going to need to assistance in the various livestock sectors because of packing plant closures. But grains have not felt any issue that wasn't there pre-covid-19.
        Absolutely down and rhere should have been something prior to covid. Programs have failed. Your the one with no clue about it. The USA is getting how many payouts? When there are thousands of acres not seeded and hungry people all over the world livestock producers not producing we ll all know what shit hitting the fan is all about. What Sense is there to keeping the oil industry at its current level? No demand for several years forecast. If anything spend money on training those people to do other things.
        Pipeline pipeline hahaha ya the more they pump the more it cost?
        Is that you hurshy? About as bright

Comment

Absolutely down and rhere should have been something prior to covid. Programs have failed. Your the one with no clue about it. The USA is getting how many payouts? When there are thousands of acres not seeded and hungry people all over the world livestock producers not producing we ll all know what shit hitting the fan is all about. What Sense is there to keeping the oil industry at its current level? No demand for several years forecast. If anything spend money on training those people to do other things.
          Pipeline pipeline hahaha ya the more they pump the more it cost?
          Is that you hurshy? About as bright
          Right up there with your average quality reply. I have had 3 out of 4 of my worst years ever. My crop is going to be seeded.

Oh I can easily say my income is down 30% from last year, but not from covid-19. The flu hasn't had a huge impact on grain farmers.

Would you like to be specific where the your income is absolutely down from Covid-19? Because you do realize that this government money being tossed around is to deal with the effects of shutting down the economy. Right??

Comment

Right up there with your average quality reply. I have had 3 out of 4 of my worst years ever. My crop is going to be seeded.

Oh I can easily say my income is down 30% from last year, but not from covid-19. The flu hasn't had a huge impact on grain farmers.

Would you like to be specific where the your income is absolutely down from Covid-19? Because you do realize that this government money being tossed around is to deal with the effects of shutting down the economy. Right??
            Thanks for confirming my point!!!

Comment

Thanks for confirming my point!!!
              Don't evade the question. What specifically has been hit in the grain industry by Covid-19?

You obviously have been used to getting more than your share or you wouldn't have to resort to velcro runners. You could use alittle tightening of the belt.

Comment

Don't evade the question. What specifically has been hit in the grain industry by Covid-19?
                LEP by virtue of ag being the only industry left standing after this, it deserved to at least get a shout out by our politicians. It's likely to be the only net contributor to GDP this yr.

Wouldn't suspension of the carbon tax be a nice gesture? Anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  LEP by virtue of ag being the only industry left standing after this, it deserved to at least get a shout out by our politicians. It's likely to be the only net contributor to GDP this yr.

Wouldn't suspension of the carbon tax be a nice gesture? Anything.
                  I don't like the carbon tax, but you know that isn't part of the masterplan for Skippy.

In general the grain side of things has been unhurt so far. I am not one to suggest throwing money around for no reason although it happens entirely too regularly imo.

Comment

I don't like the carbon tax, but you know that isn't part of the masterplan for Skippy.

In general the grain side of things has been unhurt so far. I am not one to suggest throwing money around for no reason although it happens entirely too regularly imo.
                    Prior to covid prices were not keeping up to costs and expenses it’s a well known fact.
                    If there was no covid canola would be 11.50 peas 9 lentils etc etc with buyers back in the market there should been a spike in prices but part of it is as mentioned in another thread rhe viterra s etc padding their risk with unfair basis levels. So once again this virus has cost us.
                    In fact parts and equipment costs have gone up again due to manufacturing cost increase with trouble and shortage of workers at facilities. We re paying for this. Anyone thinks we are not is dillusional.

Comment

And if you want just a small sample of numbers 53% of 260 farmers stated they re having trouble with cash flow for spring seeding and 20% stated banks unwilling to deal now or too slow due to the uncertainty of what Is going to happen over the virus and the failure of programs and no support from government. Apas survey it must have hurt for them to even publish this.
                      Canadian federation of labor.
                      We re no different than any other group getting money except we aren’t getting anything. There are some in every group that are getting paid that shouldn’t be and not getting paid that should be. We however don’t have that problem as none of us getting anything to compensate the losses.

Our provincial government does not want the feds to pay us anything because they would be asked to support the payout.
                      In addition if there was payout then the fed. Conservatives could not yell come next election see you farmers they never helped you when they helped everyone. Else. The Sask Party chose to ask for oil support over support for farmers.
                      Last edited by the big wheel; Apr 25, 2020, 05:48.

Comment

And if you want just a small sample of numbers 53% of 260 farmers stated they re having trouble with cash flow for spring seeding and 20% stated banks unwilling to deal now or too slow due to the uncertainty of what Is going to happen over the virus and the failure of programs and no support from government. Apas survey it must have hurt for them to even publish this.
                        Canadian federation of labor.
                        We re no different than any other group getting money except we aren’t getting anything. There are some in every group that are getting paid that shouldn’t be and not getting paid that should be. We however don’t have that problem as none of us getting anything to compensate the losses.

Our provincial government does not want the feds to pay us anything because they would be asked to support the payout.
                        In addition if there was payout then the fed. Conservatives could not yell come next election see you farmers they never helped you when they helped everyone. Else. The Sask Party chose to ask for oil support over support for farmers.

So the reason canola isn't $11.50 has more to do with Huawei than Wuflu. It was never anywhere close to that price leading up to the outbreak.

The 53% of farmers in the APAS survey are feeling difficulty because there's a lot of crop out.

As far as Viterra adding a risk premium it has more to do with the crop because in my area Viterra is beating out Richardson on everything that I have to sell. I would far rather deliver to Richardson for a lot of reasons , but price talks.

Comment

Who can keep track of all the promised programs, likr hire a student -100% wages paid, oh wait lets pay them to just stay at home- oh maybe we can have them volunteer. Geez - what else, maybe we can pay them to wipe their bums.

Comment

Who can keep track of all the promised programs, likr hire a student -100% wages paid, oh wait lets pay them to just stay at home- oh maybe we can have them volunteer. Geez - what else, maybe we can pay them to wipe their bums.

Comment

So the reason canola isn't $11.50 has more to do with Huawei than Wuflu. It was never anywhere close to that price leading up to the outbreak.
                              It has to do with fragile supply chains. As you can see from oil this week, anything can go to zero if it doesn't have a home.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                Is anyone taking advantage of the 10% payroll deduction subsidy, kinda peanuts anyway.
                                Anyone taking the $40,000 interest free loan with a $10,000 principle forgiveness if paid back by Dec 31 2022.
                                Is anyone able to take advantage of the 75% wage subsidy? Might have to get creative. Not sure how this affects self-employed or non arm's length employees.

I think your farm has to be corporate for some of this stuff.
                                Hey thanks for posting this farma! Definitely worth the paper work for couple years of no interest and 10K.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...