• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Security

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Security

Trudeau is such a fing imbecile. Greenhouses converted to pot and now we could have a vegetable shortage. Carbon tax on fossil fuels to heat these all for bogus climate change hoax

6M people unemployed now and we still have to import workers for ag and pay for their quarantine in hotels?

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/agriculture/shockproofing-canada-how-acres-of-empty-greenhouses-could-be-our-answer-to-homegrown-produce-shortages How acres of empty greenhouses could be our answer to homegrown produce shortages

yep, you can't make this shit up

Comment

There is a giant grow op going up in the muskeg not far south of me. I just checked their website, they haven't updated progress since August 2019, after uploading new videos on a regular basis up to that point. Haven't seen much progress or activity lately.
      I hadn't been following along, but according to those in the know, they spent a large fortune in gravel and fill. Not sure if they weren't familiar with what a muskeg is? I can't quite fathom why they would have chosen that location, in the middle of all the big hills in the area.

I did hear that this location was chosen to access energy from a nearby gas plant for heat, but not certain how that works, they are miles apart, and plenty of hills in between. Although in the drone footage, it does appear to be being built on top of an existing pipeline, maybe waste heat from the pipeline?

With the collapse of the Cannabis market, and markets in general now, I wonder if this facility might find a new purpose eventually too?

https://www.element-cg.com/about-us/ https://www.element-cg.com/about-us/
      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 15, 2020, 09:03.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        There is a giant grow op going up in the muskeg not far south of me. I just checked their website, they haven't updated progress since August 2019, after uploading new videos on a regular basis up to that point. Haven't seen much progress or activity lately.
        I hadn't been following along, but according to those in the know, they spent a large fortune in gravel and fill. Not sure if they weren't familiar with what a muskeg is? I can't quite fathom why they would have chosen that location, in the middle of all the big hills in the area.

With the collapse of the Cannabis market, and markets in general now, I wonder if this facility might find a new purpose eventually too?
        Yes Indoor sod farm that will need government funds to clean out the gravel the government likely paid for.

Comment

Found this on their website regarding power generation and location:

This 40-acre parcel of land (light-industrial zoned for cannabis) is situated within 6.5 km of the Caroline natural gas plant. Since the main cost driver for indoor cannabis facilities is heat, cooling & power, this close proximity to a natural gas plant, sweet gas feeder lines and a common carrier transmission line affords ELEMENT the opportunity to build and operate our own micro-generation combined heat & power (“CHP”) plant to heat, cool and power the facility at a lower cost than buying electricity from the grid. A CHP facility is 85% efficient and can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50%.
          Still not sure that justifies building in a swamp, but its not my money ( at least not yet, but as Big Wheel points out, it probably will be soon).

Comment

WHO is sitting at the end of the table because that is where if you are having a large meal, the vegetable should be placed!

Secondly, are vegetables considered to be munchies. If not, then no demand for greenhouses.
            Last edited by checking; Apr 15, 2020, 10:48.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...