• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Piney / Pine Creek border crossing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piney / Pine Creek border crossing

Has anyone successfully brought purchased farm equipment north into Canada via the Piney port? I am being advised by a broker that I would have to go to Emerson. I called CBSA and they said go to South Junction, but it clearly shows South Junction as a non-commercial port on CBSA website. The equipment I want to tow home is in Roseau MN, which is literally minutes from both Piney and/or South Junction.
    Last edited by Taiga; Apr 14, 2020, 18:41.

Watch for closed highways from high water.

Comment

I brought a LorAl bed home from Montana years ago through some little one horse port in SW Sask. I think it was probably Monchy but it doesn't matter - it wasn't the port you're referring to but it was a one man operation where the Canadian and US shared the same shack. It was a grand adventure. I knew I should have been going through Coutts but I didn't have an overwidth permit for Alberta and didn't want the headache of getting one. I don't know that it actually took any longer than it would have at a commercial port. The guy was just happy to have something to do. He called the US guy in to help and they just got it done. If you schmooze those forgotten guys they can be pretty helpful if for no other reason than to prove that they can do everything the guys at the real crossings can do.

Comment

Taiga,

Go through Warroad/Sprague crossing to the east. 24 hour crossing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...