• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collusion in the open market is a government subsidy .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collusion in the open market is a government subsidy .

Maybe some won't agree with me but the fact that many oil governments have agreed to cut production is a form of subsidy to the energy sector in Canada as they were part of it.

Maybe the produce more make less is starting to hurt even the big producers.

Now maybe its time the governments starts talking about that for the grain markets ...
    Last edited by bucket; Apr 12, 2020, 14:08.

Not till too many are hungry...not in our lifetime...

Comment

Are you talking about a land set aside program or do we boycott all the fertilizer and chemical companies and go organic, that would throw a twist into these multinational corporations. If it the latter I couldn’t drive past my fields without wanting to spray the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Maybe some won't agree with me but the fact that many oil governments have agreed to cut production is a form of subsidy to the energy sector in Canada as they were part of it.
        So much for peak oil.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Maybe the produce more make less is starting to hurt even the big producers.

Now maybe its time the governments starts talking about that for the grain markets ...
          Let's be realistic a free and open market hasn't existed since OPEC was first created. The covid-19 pandemic has brought me to the cruel realization that there is really no free market in any commodity. Governments create all sorts of hidden subsidies and large corporations collude to artificially control pricing. Not really sure what to think. All I know is there will be more government, more taxes and less freedom in my future. The only positive I can see coming out of this crisis is that I hope government and business learn that supply chains need to be more localized.

Comment

Guess it is same thing that Scottish philosopher Adam Smith warned us about 250 years ago.
            Said it was human nature for select groups to band together to protect own interests.
            Maybe like freedom and democracy, ideals to strive for.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...