• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Thought

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Thought

Many of you still have youg uns hanging but some of you have raised teenagers and now are watching your children raise teenagers. I feel for these kids. We were SOOO Bad and got away with So much and now these poor kids are constantly scrutinized, they can’t fart without everybody knowing about it. Cell phones right to the cops, to parents, cameras everywhere. Holy Crap! Can’t have a little party cause 300 show up, cops come out. Detachments all over. We had a dumb old municipal cop that covered 5 RM’s just like “Dukes of Hazard” and we spent all our weekends driving him bananas. We knew his territory and would just get outside the RM and he couldn’t chase us anymore. Local dances every weekend, getting cars stuck so the doors couldn’t open, almost free purple gas, motorcycles, sportsdays, ball tournaments, Curling bonspiels, broomball, guys driving cars down railroad tracks. There were drugs and liquor raps - a few guys got “involved” but most of us had no money, we just knew when the sun was coming up, we better be in that bed when dad woke up. Sometimes the half ton rad was still steamin, then there was Trouble. Never mind you just home- get up and get on that summerfallow. Those were the days, my friend. We still remember and laugh about how we made it. Nothing was major! Come to think of it - where were our parents when all this was going on- they were in sweet oblivion watching Tommy Hunter, none the wiser, no cel phones, no videos, no problemo.
    Last edited by sumdumguy; Apr 10, 2020, 22:58.

YES those were the days. We went from what was kind of primitive life style to what we have today now it kind of looks like the new generation will have to back track to what we had. Going to be a very rough journey I think.

Comment

Just staying up and going back to work was better than thinking you were going to grab 30 min of sleep when you got home at 530. If I treated my boys like that they'd call CFS on me now. My dad was an a$$hole when I was 18 and I love him for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
        Just staying up and going back to work was better than thinking you were going to grab 30 min of sleep when you got home at 530. If I treated my boys like that they'd call CFS on me now. My dad was an a$$hole when I was 18 and I love him for it now.
        Had many a morning like that... just had to be quiet when you walked in the door. Looking back I'm pretty sure my Dad new I was just getting home and would have had some thoughts the previous night on what tasks he could give me the next day... shovelling barley in the old wooden grain bins was usually the top of the list. My son will never know how that felt haha... it just made me stronger...

Comment

funniest liquor rap we ever got happened when we saw some females of interest walking the streets (remember when they used to do that?) anyways we followed them into the cop shop yard and stopped to talk to them there , of course having a beer also. the old sergeant looked out the window , started laughing and knocked on the window and invited us in. he laughed that was the first liquor rap he ever gave while sitting at his desk

Comment

Must have been grade 11,Graduation ceremonies over and waiting for the dance to start, car full of people, beer under the back seat. The guy riding shot gun was lighting and holding fireworks out the window as were driving. Didn’t take long and the rcmp officer tracked us down.

Where did you get the fire works?
            - I don’t know the name of the place in saskatoon.

Tell me or I will tear the car apart, find - take your beer, and give you a liquor wrap.
            - ok Dirks in Saskatoon on 20th Street

He was good with that, warned us no more fireworks, and no open liquor in the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
              This sounds so familiar to me,coming home as the sun is rising. There was a few times that dad would hear me and ask if I was getting up. I would always say yes,it made for a long day! I know darn well that he knew that I just got home. He would give me a grin and tell me what jobs needed doing. To be young again and not a worry about anything. I sure miss those days!

Comment

The next day the water jug was never quite big enough.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...