• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to my previous post in this thread.....

I honestly didn't read this before posting:

https://www.fcc-fac.ca/en/knowledge/ag-economics/farmland-values-continue-to-outpace-farm-income.html FCC on farmland

That's a clickable like to take you to the article.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
      negative !!
      "dislike"

It will give you something to think about when your dying Easter eggs and drinking rum this weekend.

Comment

4 quarters decent cultivated farm land north of Mannville AB was bid to around $3200 per workable acre average yesterday. Stewart Auctions in Vermilion. These are reserved sales so what the final price is no one knows.
        This is likely a bit lower than they could have gotten a few years ago. Not sure how FCC is making up their data but actual selling prices are often lower than local rumors. There has been land sold for $800K per quarter north of Vermillion but then I know a guy who bought a half section for the same just a few months prior just a few miles west.

Comment

Farmland likely to go higher due to lower interest rates and its perception as a save haven during this monetary experiment. Better than gold I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            "dislike"

It will give you something to think about when your dying Easter eggs and drinking rum this weekend.
            i like rum

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Farmland likely to go higher due to lower interest rates and its perception as a save haven during this monetary experiment. Better than gold I guess.
              I'm not saying it WILL happen but "perceptions" can change....after the fact in some cases.
              It won't change as long as it's "holding" true.

Maybe I'm a bit like Errol in that he's been talking about the monetary system hitting the wall.
              I've been preaching about high land prices "all the way up".... I will probably be right one day too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5171.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	769609
                not sure what kind , but $8 /lb , P & H tisdale

Comment

SF you’re out combining? None of that going on here. Just busy bringing the cows home and getting ready for calving.

Roaded the cows 3.5 miles home yesterday after giving them scourgaurd with the portable alley and squeeze in the corn field. Hauled in three loads of straw to start a bed for them after getting another shot of snow overnight.

Now to work and move the bred heifers home and now the real work starts.

Hopefully the sun stays out🍀

Comment

Woodland, good luck - hope the weather cooperates for your “girls”.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                      Woodland, good luck - hope the weather cooperates for your “girls”.
                      The forecast looks “ok” for the next while and some dry dirt showed up this afternoon! 3 feet in front of the shop door no longer sticks to your shoes. Things are looking up.

I hope everyone else’s calving will or is going decent. Four live calves so far without any issues ............. just a few more yet to arrive.

Comment

Where is the leading edge of that herd? 3.5 miles away.

I'm all in on CoV. Woodland is all in on CoW.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          [ATTACH]5897[/ATTACH]
                          not sure what kind , but $8 /lb , P & H tisdale
                          That looks better than the 600.00 a bag from BAFS.

Comment

Woodland, there's something romantically iconic about that thick black line cutting through the white backdrop, but honestly..... I'm glad they're yours. Best of luck calving, let us know what your biggest day calving is.

Comment

woodland , thanks for what you do !!!!!! i love beef !!!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                woodland , thanks for what you do !!!!!! i love beef !!!
                                Next time you see you Parents you tell them I said they don't know how lucky they are!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...