• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday end of the Week Wrap up on a Thursday.

Ah, I Know our Useless PM won't say it so I will.

Tomorrow is Good Friday the day Jesus died on the cross. Yea I'm not a practising Catholic much any more but It is a day I reflect. Easter Sunday is also a very happy day he has risen.

So it makes perfect sense to have all business and stores stay closed on both those days in Canada may be for not the religious reasons but for the essential workers who are on the front lines with this virus. You don't need to get that water or Toilet paper of Yeast. Yes, nurses and Dr and EMT etc are working there shift but the low-end store shelf stockers and warehouse etc need a day off.

So Skippy comes out of hiding every day says his rehearsed speech then answers chosen questions, well really he doesn't answer jack shit, then he goes back in hiding to repeat tomorrow and tomorrow. Its like groundhog day over and over. He will meet with his cabinet today but won't get the house back to work with an equal rep and spaced apart. Come on this is stupid someone in media wake up.

Well I know I finally last Sunday was out of Quarantine and it feels great. Two weeks and the ankle bracelet came off. To whoever phoned the health department on me for going straight to the farm and working with the dog you are lower than goose shit on the ground. Hope it makes you feel really big and powerful.

I said it before and ill say it again, Trudeau screwed up as we are finding today that the health department knew the flights were bad from china and did nothing for months to stop. Criminal isnt it but no media will ask. Its the big bad USA and the snowbirds that are the problem.

WAKE UP CANADA.

So now we have the made in Canada cure for all that hurts us.

Stay home go on unemployment. Oh, it takes weeks that's ok phone your bank and they will add the payments on to the back. Yes, prime is zero but they still think its 4% to 7%.

Then every one hurt who doesn't have EI you get a check every month for $2000. But its not really 2000 as the gov is taking off tax so you get $1,800.00.

Oh if you're a business you can get a loan of $40,000 with $10 thousand written off and rest at prime. Why not.

Hire your workers back like Aircanada and you will have the gov pay for there wage up to 75%. CEO is he included in this?

Summer students have almost no chance at work this year. So now the feds will pay the employer to hire summer students. So go hire your kids for farmworkers.

Now today it was posted that the unemployment rate is close to 8% in Canada with an increase of 1.1 mill. out of work.

Now Willy dick the finance minister said some 14 days ago we are hours away from having a program for oil producers in Alberta. Nothing. Oh but now maybe that oil is $3.87 a barrel the Irvine family thinks it's a good idea to get oil from the west. Yea I bet.

I have a beef with Sask Energy why not a big work program for 2020 and beyond getting farms up to speed with bigger lines and make it dryer compatible for oh let's say $20,000. not $169000.00. Gas is basically pennies vs propane.

To similar farms.

Sask Energy $6,500.00 before carbon tax.

Propane on farm two $45,000.00 before carbon tax.

Come on let's work with farmers for once.

Well, case was out with lots of info last week.

It's shutting its harvest plants.

Now it posted today a drop in income of 50% or 128 mill. from a year ago. yep, farmers are flush with cash and buying.

Deere will do as always and copy in the next few weeks.

Trade deals mean nothing in today's world. Just look at Canola as an example. No kidding Sherlock.

Banks are starting to worry. No kidding.

Farmers get loans that have a high interest and have to be paid back.

City people get 1/4 forgiven if paid back in two to three years.

Boboo and the liberals played farm groups so bad its not even funny.

So Happy Easter, phone family or video chat on zoom or whatever its called.

Maybe harvest 2019 will continue on Easter saturday.

Be safe.

So in the USA Cargill is going to pay USA farmers 40 to 61 Canadian a acre for carbon sequestration.

What the **** we’re Canadians doing since the early 80 s and in canada we farmers get a ****ing carbon tax for helping out.

God our organizations are run by idiots.

Comment

First off as a farmer I appreciate making a living as a farmer is never easy or guaranteed. As I read most of the posts on here most people are angry and think the government should help farmers more. I went to a bull sale day before yesterday, was only 20 or so people there and we all stood 6 feet apart, and much to my surprise prices were up from last year. Each evening I look at the results from the various RB auction sales of that day and I see very few deals, in fact it looks to me like farmers are paying top dollar for the equipment on the auction block. Higher than new for things like fuel tanks in some cases. Local farmer put his 5 quarters up for sale back in February, sold in 2 weeks for a reported $4750 an acre for the land and of course much more for the home quarter. So if I am government and farmers only represent roughly 3% of the voting populace what is the upside politically of spending money subsidizing farmers? For those of you that feel government should help what would you like to see them do?

Comment

Ok, ill bite.

If the Trudeau Liberals want to push a stupid agenda of Carbon is bad and farmers are huge carbon sinks, we capture carbon every year and store it in our soil.

So let's be fair to give me like Iowa $40 to $63 an acre and charge large polluters in an offset. Really simple and it's doing good. If this is the new world and science is at play then pay me for what I'm doing.

But this taxes and tax and tax the shit out of us is getting old.

RB auction is all to the USA when the farmers can buy a 600 thousand tractor for 40% off its a deal i would do it if it was opposite. That's 360 for next to new.

Land hahaha when its 5 banks helping one farmer pay 650 a quarter ask your self what's happening.

So yea wake up farmers you are being played.

Comment

In 1981 we started direct seeding and min-till. Today is spring 2020 that is almost 40 years of zero-till capturing carbon for big polluters and farmers did it all by themselves with basically zero help.

Yet we have a government in Ottawa that is killing farms with Carbon pricing tax and they don't care.

One is a tax and one does good for the environment.

We get the tax put on us for helping out.

Really Canada is one ****ed upcountry.

Oh, but if the liberals owned all the land can you guess where the money would go.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            First off as a farmer I appreciate making a living as a farmer is never easy or guaranteed. As I read most of the posts on here most people are angry and think the government should help farmers more. I went to a bull sale day before yesterday, was only 20 or so people there and we all stood 6 feet apart, and much to my surprise prices were up from last year. Each evening I look at the results from the various RB auction sales of that day and I see very few deals, in fact it looks to me like farmers are paying top dollar for the equipment on the auction block. Higher than new for things like fuel tanks in some cases. Local farmer put his 5 quarters up for sale back in February, sold in 2 weeks for a reported $4750 an acre for the land and of course much more for the home quarter. So if I am government and farmers only represent roughly 3% of the voting populace what is the upside politically of spending money subsidizing farmers? For those of you that feel government should help what would you like to see them do?
            A couple things ....
            1. bulls technically never cost money...if you have all females in your herd....you won't be in business long...
            2. The high prices at bull sales are between ranchers...go to all the bull sales and you understand that they are only paying a difference on the bulls and to change some genetics around....look at the genetics....you will soon understand.
            3. Americans have a very good advantage buying or bidding here and some Canadians like to keep pace with the american treasury money....10 feet tall and bullet proof and then the write down in the corner office of FCC....
            4. AS far as helping farmers ...why help Airlines...the people leaving on planes don't spend in canada...

If agriculture isn't worth subsidizing then Canada will eventually be poorer as a nation....to bad some will find out the hard way...

Comment

One other thing if a 2200lb bull is bringing 1.25 at heartland ...there might be a little money in trading up to new bulls?????

Basically you have to outbid the auction mart whether they are bidding or not because the purebred guy will eventually say Phuck it and go commercial....that isn't good either.
              Last edited by bucket; Apr 9, 2020, 08:33.

Comment

I wish someone would offer me 4750 an acre. I’d be long gone. Wow that’s nuts

Comment

Regina news said farmers will have to step up their game this yr so there will be enough food?
                  This cold late spring might be a real eye opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    Regina news said farmers will have to step up their game this yr so there will be enough food?
                    This cold late spring might be a real eye opener.
                    First things first.....show us the money....no sense producing at a loss if that is the case...

Comment

Step up our game hell were all up on our game. Mother nature has been a real ****.

Sorry to offend but that's the truth.

Carbon tax we pay.

Americans are realizing paying the farmer to capture carbon works.

Dah we have been saying and doing this since 1981. With min then No-Till.

Ask your self this if Will dick Quebec pension and Trudeau owned farmland and all the other billion-dollar boys club out east would there be a carbon sequestration plan in place.

You bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Just a call to Lane , Hammond or Sheppard...they all have buyers waiting....

Comment

Down here in the Maple Creek Sask area where I live , if 1/2 to 2/3 of that price was offered lots of land would change hands. Mine included.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Just a call to Lane , Hammond or Sheppard...they all have buyers waiting....
                            Highest around here has been a bit over 1000. 1300 kind of thing. Deep black clay loam. Terrible recent, at least fitpfteen years of very challenging weather. Maybe that is the holdup?
                            Last edited by Sheepwheat; Apr 9, 2020, 09:56.

Comment

Highest around here has been a bit over 1000. 1300 kind of thing. Deep black clay loam. Terrible recent, at least fitpfteen years of very challenging weather. Maybe that is the holdup?
                              Where you at?
                              For 1300 a cultivated I would move there for sure, I’ll fight Mother Nature if I can get five acres for the price of one

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...