• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boris in tough.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the vaccine is available for this, what are they going to do with the growing antivax crowd. I suspect though you might see them jump on the band wagon for this, but if they dont will they have to quarantine forever? Can they send their antivax kids to school or sporting events, etc. Look at how measles were making a comeback, how many times did you see it on the news about outbreaks, especially around airports. Hadn't heard of any measles outbreaks until 4 or 5 years ago to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
      Infection rate is probably 100 times death rate, since testing is not done on everyone or even randomly. My guess is U.S. is at least 2 million in infected. Canada at 50000 or more. Boris thanked hospital workers and retreated to his" Estate". They are the real heroes cleaning up the mess his government made by not acting sooner and trying for herd immunity. He was out on the front lines glad handing with other celebrities when the epidemic was winding up, setting a fine example. Brexit is still coming. See if that compounds the economic mess.
      Using the number of deaths to project the number of infected cannot be done in the middle of a pandemic.
      The death rate will be different in every jurisdiction. No two populations will experience exactly the same outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
        Using the number of deaths to project the number of infected cannot be done in the middle of a pandemic.
        The death rate will be different in every jurisdiction. No two populations will experience exactly the same outcome.
        Let alone not on the same spot on the curve whether steep or flattened.

Take care of our own backyard. Comparisons will be hard. Demographics, overall public health, efforts and co-operation to contain, etc.

Comment

Mortality is the only hard number we can use until testing is increased.

Comment

I will agree the deceased are easy enough to count but you can't use it to suggest how many are infected. Doesn't work.
            For example, on March 9 the report said one person had died in all of Canada. No way just using that statistic can one make any kind of assumption as to how many are infected.

Comment

I suggest we will never know any more than the daily stats report we are already given. It's like projecting seed germination from one sample representing a thousand acres.

I heard NYC, prior to CoV, had 70 cardiac arrests/day. Presently, there are 400 cardiac arrests/day in NYC. Which line do the stats get placed in for cause of death of unsaved citizens?

Comment

UK moves to drop Huawei as 5G provider.
                China isn’t trusted by responsible governments (Skippy will soon be one of the few).

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  UK moves to drop Huawei as 5G provider.
                  China isn’t trusted by responsible governments (Skippy will soon be one of the few).
                  Maybe the queen will tell him to get his head out of his ass

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
                    I suggest we will never know any more than the daily stats report we are already given. It's like projecting seed germination from one sample representing a thousand acres.

I heard NYC, prior to CoV, had 70 cardiac arrests/day. Presently, there are 400 cardiac arrests/day in NYC. Which line do the stats get placed in for cause of death of unsaved citizens?
                    They also said 25 people die at home each day in New York of unknown cause. Has recently jumped to 200 per day, so same thing may be covid may not but doubt they test them after.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...