• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicken Littles

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Its called being around the block a few times wd9. I have lots of people who matter to me and a lot who have died from all causes include almost 10 to cancer, but I am sure as hell not going to concede my freedoms and my rights for this or anything, nor will I risk my kids economic future for slim evidence.
    What government would intentionally destroy it's county's economy and citizen's wellbeing for nothing?

Ah, post #77 in thread; "Canadian economic restart task force"?

I don't think you're completely wrong either, but....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      What government would intentionally destroy it's county's economy and citizen's wellbeing for nothing?

Ah, post #77 in thread; "Canadian economic restart task force"?

I don't think you're completely wrong either, but....
      You can bring an economy back. Dead people not.

That is the only thing you are missing Jazz. Any sort of compassion for preventable deaths. It comes across in all your posts that you just don't care who or how many die that all you care about is your bank account - which if i recall all your posts about farming wasn't that great anyway.

It's a really simple plan, slow the spread to not overwhelm the hospital system. Maybe it is just too simple for some to grasp.

Comment

Some may find this interesting..

Comment

From this ....
          https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387

Comment

More charts, sorry but deaths of pneumonia way down, WHY, perhaps added to Corona...????Click image for larger version

Name:	101.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	769593
            Click image for larger version

Name:	102.jpg
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	769594

Name:	103.JPG
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	769595Click image for larger version

Name:	103.JPG
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	769595

Comment

Very suspicious, pneumonia⬇️ Corona ⬆️

Comment

Hopefully, I have never come across as a Chicken Little.

People the world over accept that death is the end of life and that most spend a part of their life planning for their retirement and death.

It is inevitable. It is also very true that not all life is saved, can be saved, or, incomprehensibly is desired to be saved.
                These stats from Worldometer, April 4 starkly portray that truth. How many of those deaths already logged this year could have been prevented?

Name:	W Ap 4 2020.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	769596

People do not appoint, elect or hire other people to keep them from never dying. They want such ones to give them a long and prosperous life and a death with dignity and minimal pain.

Ultimately, humans manage death and sickness as best they can. It is a part of life.
                I would hope there is a hotline to Vital Statistics and the SK Health Authority. It is the best way to know how this is playing out, keep forecasts and statistics fresh and up to date.
                And finally, it will be how a plan is made to get us past this phase of dealing with a new virus and back to a semblance of day to day living, whatever that will mean.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                  What about the EYES? Masks no help there. No comments, what do others think? Viruses enter there too...
                  full face snorkel mask with a UV sanitizing light mounted in the breathing tube, kill anything coming in or going out, is whats needed
                  some of you hi tech guys , git er doneClick image for larger version

Name:	seaview-180-v2.jpg
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	769597

Comment

Boris Johnson now in ICU. Go Boris, boot that buggar to the curb!🍀 🇬🇧

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Some may find this interesting..
                      But furrow, how do you, as a leader of a country, not knowing what the actual mortality rate is (somewhere between 0.1 and 5%) and under what level of isolation for a new disease, knowing there is no cure, no vaccine, seeing countries like Spain and Italy pile the caskets, decide not to shut down the country?

Is it better to be wrong then millions die? This is an absolute no win predicament. Sure, when 3 months go by, we are all so smart and then the posts will be about how they did it all so wrong and if i was PM blah blah blah

None of us have to make that decision. We just sit here and post, consequence free, pretending we are in control of these decisions when actually we maybe only have that control over our own house.

It's like planning today if you will spray fungicide in July. You get 2 days to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                        But furrow, how do you, as a leader of a country, not knowing what the actual mortality rate is (somewhere between 0.1 and 5%) and under what level of isolation for a new disease, knowing there is no cure, no vaccine, seeing countries like Spain and Italy pile the caskets, decide not to shut down the country?

Is it better to be wrong then millions die? This is an absolute no win predicament. Sure, when 3 months go by, we are all so smart and then the posts will be about how they did it all so wrong and if i was PM blah blah blah

None of us have to make that decision. We just sit here and post, consequence free, pretending we are in control of these decisions when actually we maybe only have that control over our own house.

It's like planning today if you will spray fungicide in July. You get 2 days to decide.
                        You bring up good points , was just showing the info from Dr. Fauci and other experts listed in article.
                        Found it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          full face snorkel mask with a UV sanitizing light mounted in the breathing tube, kill anything coming in or going out, is whats needed
                          some of you hi tech guys , git er done[ATTACH]5882[/ATTACH]
                          I bet that still has an EXHALE valve, protects you but screw others if you are infected. Have a Hantavirus type, only works for inhale

Comment

I havent used one but the ones i have saw dont have
                            All thru the tube , but not sure

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                              "What could or should have been done to get ahead of the curve? Any comments?"

I said way back, anyone travelling out of country should be clearly informed that they MIGHT not get back in if something like this shows up else where. All flights and entry points will be SLAMMED shut till we understand WTF is out there. We had ZERO cases domestically, ALL were imported and spread here later.

Yes us and parents have all directives in order...
                              Hey FJ, here's a bit of history on travel restrictions....
                              Early February....
                              https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/coronavirus-latest-updates-china-hubei-wuhan-cases.html https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/coronavirus-latest-updates-china-hubei-wuhan-cases.html
                              https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/coronavirus-us-travel-restrictions-monday/index.html https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/coronavirus-us-travel-restrictions-monday/index.html

Comment

Like herding cats?

https://7news.com.au/the-morning-show/coronavirus-australia-update-16000-aussies-have-blatantly-disregarded-the-covid-19-travel-restrictions-c-947995 https://7news.com.au/the-morning-show/coronavirus-australia-update-16000-aussies-have-blatantly-disregarded-the-covid-19-travel-restrictions-c-947995

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...