• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As rent comes due, restaurants call for aid

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
    Milk dumping has begun in Canada - but they will be fully compensated for it.
    They should work with the poultry farms to use up some of that milk. Nothing tastes like a milk fed turkey or chicken!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      I am serioulsy looking at the entire landscape of canadian business and I only see two or three industrys still functioning. Liquor and pot, forestry and fishery and ag. Lets see if they can lead us out of a depression and like no politician even acknowledging this. Be lucky if there isnt a famine at the end of all this.
      I agree mostly with Grefer but Jazz you have a point. I too am looking at what industries are left functioning in Canada to pull the country through this.
      All I see is less people working paying income taxes, lower income means less consumer activity, less sales tax revenues.
      Include the federal govt Spending on relief programs for citizens and small businesses in Canada and other countries and we have a deficit that will grow exponentially. The last industries functioning are going to be taxed heavily.
      Add in the disfunction of humans without purpose, theft and vandalism towards those perceived with wealth will increase.
      I learned decades ago that nobody gives a shit about farmers. There are some nice sentiments about how important we are being circulated on social media but deep down, nobody cares about agriculture. We are at the bottom of the pile and everybody expects to make profit from our production.
      I am generally optimistic but lately I am struggling to see a clear path. Its the first time in my life where I proactively bought ammunition to have on inventory. I dont even understand why. Im not a violent, paranoid, defensive type person.
      I have one kid starting University and yesterday I explained without prejudice that she may not be working in Canada when she finishes school.

Comment

Yeah, most ppl don’t care much on the surface about agriculture. They are removed from it, and I think the main reason is that they don’t have anyone in their family who farms, and so they are not in the loop. There are a lot of perceptions out there for sure, perceptions that while sometimes are self inflicted by us, are perceptions none the less.

I will say there is a pretty significant segment of the population who DO care, want to know more, and do support agriculture. It is just that they support certain agriculture ideals, that rightly or wrongly, they can get behind.

Examples are the mentality that small farms are cool. Local farms are cool. That organic is cool and right. That a cow grazing a nice green pastoral pasture is great to see. A guy out chopping heads of cabbage off in his three acre garden farm. A guy feeding his seven jerseys with a 3010 is just the best!

These are the people who DO support, at a high cost, this one side of agriculture. They cough up the dough so that they can support this ideal. These are not Costco shoppers, these are people who want that connection, the dialogue with us, they want to understand.

But yeah, overall, ppl are generally quite oblivious to farming, even disdainful of it, and this is sad. I wish I knew the answer to overcome the perceptions, and the negative ideas many have of modern agriculture.

Comment

There are 60000 temporary worker jobs to re-acquaint people with agriculture....

Guess what in my conversations with people that are suppose to represent farmers they agree with bringing workers in because somehow the people in Canada are too phucking stupid to learn the simplest tasks about agriculture. .. .so they sit on their ass....while others do the work.

Do more ag . ... agvocate....ag more than ever...should all be shut down. ...the general public does not want to know about agriculture...not in this country...

I am irritated that agriculture is below the septic tank as far as being on this the list of industries that will help rejuvenate the economy.....and is ignored as such....

I am also irritated by Bill Morneau's answer about the banks lowering interest rates to Canadians. ...and he talked about allowing to get credit for Canadians. ...he is protecting the banks....

FCC input loans or any loan should be 1.75 percent. ...nope they want their pound of flesh....considering real "businesses " are getting negative principal and interest rates....30000 principal only loan over 2 years with 40000 sent to the business....
          Last edited by bucket; Apr 2, 2020, 10:42.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...