• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AgOpenGPS - Around the World

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the idea of retrofitting an older tractor to be fully remotely operated. Never had a John Deere with a power shift transmission. I assuming no clutch is needed?

The electronics and jargon are outside my area of interest. I would be interested in getting a system like this sometime, but I don't want to solder parts together. I currently have a 7830 with an ivt that could be flanged up pretty easily. But alot of my terrain makes your fields look like Regina plains.

I may need a drone to follow the outfit so I can maneuver the roller around these obstacles while running the seeder. You can lose sight of the other outfit even while you are on the same field.

Comment

Cool stuff Wd. Keep posting this stuff. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
        Cool stuff Wd. Keep posting this stuff. Thanks
        This is really cool stuff!!!

Comment

Very cool👍

Could you show us how the controls run your Deere? I’m with LEP though where you’d need wheel brakes to hold the tractor straight while on the side hills of here.

Comment

One time on probably one of my worst hills, I came over the top and headed downhill. My tractor couldn’t hold back the drill and cart so I put in the clutch and freewheeled. I gained speed ... with the drill in the ground.

Needless to say it is interesting cutting lentils on this piece too.

Comment

I watched a demonstration Brian did about a year and a half ago, and at that time i believe he had a linear actuator mounted on the clutch linkage tied into the system.

Comment

Ugh, this is an embarrassing video, but i swear its the only one i have that shows the mechanical inside.

Linear actuators on the throttle and since it is power shift, an actuator on the clutch with a fork type pusher that allows the human to still push in the clutch. It literally cost me a few hundred bucks to build this thing.

The actuators were from Princess Auto, the Wheel angle sensor is the ride height adjuster from a Range Rover, and many of the PCB parts are plug in modules from the "hobby" world that are very inexpensive and can be ordered from anywhere in the world.

One fellow has a website now selling pre made boards, getting around the insane euro regs by not having it complete, you have to plug in the modules ordered as parts. Very creative.

Last edited by wd9; Mar 30, 2020, 07:34.

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                  Can you guess where and what this is?

[ATTACH]5819[/ATTACH]

Ok Brian, What and where?

Nobody took a stab at it and I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Ok Brian, What and where?

Nobody took a stab at it and I have no idea.
                    This is a garlic planter and its in Mongolia made by a fella called Munkhtamir Oyumaa. It is used there and Korea. Completely home built using AgOpenGPS for precision, and machine control via open source hand written CanBus code.

Comment

Latest video shows a quick example of the capability of the new version. Up to 16 channels of turn and speed compensated section control, automatic and manually manipulated headland lines that works with section control, implement lift, and full configurable turn around that can be from no skips to as many skips you want for "zebra" pattern. there is also tramline generation, touchscreen guidance line making - so many cool things.

Around the world people are working on second GPS on implement for implement steering, full multi channel rate control, camera guidance, weed id, small robot ideas, robotic weeding, all open source and shared.

International video conference today about deciding the best strategy for a machine control system that works with autosteer to be universal enough to just have simple autosteer or up to full machine/hydraulics/guidance control.

Comment

Planting onions at 4 kmh, Dead on!! At most 1 or 2 cm off.

Der Offline-Wert in Zentimetern geht nie über 1 oder 2 hinaus und pflanzt Zwiebeln.

Comment

Thomas from Germany using the full machine control, uturn, completely hands free. Movie time till the field is done.

Comment

Better video showing AgOpenGPS running the mower in the Alps.

Last edited by wd9; Mar 30, 2020, 10:03.

Comment

How to build autosteer AND get around insane Euro regs on electronic parts.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...