• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the lighter side ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    An uplifting song during uncertain times ....

Shem them to me ... Rodney Carington

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh2PjkzW20w
    now that is an awfully good one !!!

Comment

Survey says...Click image for larger version

Name:	EUZQdvGU8AEcX1z.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	769604

Comment

Sask's neighbour

Click image for larger version

Name:	Heard the neighbour cough.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	769608

Comment

https://twitter.com/Ffs_OMG/status/1248682503881338880

Comment

You should wait till 5 pm for this one as you almost need a drink in hand while this simple request unfolds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORRgU8sGdE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORRgU8sGdE

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
              You should wait till 5 pm for this one as you almost need a drink in hand while this simple request unfolds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORRgU8sGdE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORRgU8sGdE
              Can you imagine how many times you would have to run through and tweak it to get it to run flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                Can you imagine how many times you would have to run through and tweak it to get it to run flawless.
                Can you imagine how much time people have to do such tweaks and test runs being locked up in quarantine for so long...

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  Can you imagine how much time people have to do such tweaks and test runs being locked up in quarantine for so long...
                  There's time on your hands then there's too much time on your hands.

Comment

For all the farmers in quarantine, with nothing better to do during this slow time of year(before anyone chews me out, this is called sarcasm...), you can make the same Rube Goldberg contraption, only life size right on the farm, post the video on You Tube and make money.

Some ideas,:

A row of Meridians would make excellent dominoes, especially if they are your neighbors bins and not welded down.

With a little counter weight, an auger will over balance very easily, could set up an entire line of augers where one knocks the next one over etc.

Round bales and hills, nothing more needs to be said.

If you are somewhat space ( or hill) constrained, we happen to have a functioning Allis Chalmers roll belt baler to make the little round bales.

Set up a system of buckets on ropes with pulleys under hopper bins, open the first gate, have the weight of the grain pull the bucket to open the next bin gate and on down the line. As a bonus, you can come back and reuse the bins later on after they are empty for the domino trick, and one again, best if these are your neighbors bins.

Must be a way to incorporate Brian T( WD9's) autonomous tractor into this.

Imagine the tricks you could do with a grain vac.

Comment

Interesting ideas, but hard on the insurance premiums.

Did you have the pleasure of forking those little round bales, they created instant upper body strength if you could survive the first week.

After you mastered the little bales, you could move on to the 1400 pounders, it wasn't that I couldn't lift them, it was because it cost me a fortune in fork handles . . . . . . .

Comment

Talk about demand destruction,
                        We are now measuring gasoline consumption in days per gallon rather than miles per gallon...

Comment

People are hoarding fuel stabilizer now

Comment

Comment

There are 2 factors that determine the spread of covid-19:

1. How dense the population is

2. How dense the population is

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post
                                Interesting ideas, but hard on the insurance premiums.

Did you have the pleasure of forking those little round bales, they created instant upper body strength if you could survive the first week.

After you mastered the little bales, you could move on to the 1400 pounders, it wasn't that I couldn't lift them, it was because it cost me a fortune in fork handles . . . . . . .
                                No, I started out pitching the big rounds when I was just a wee tike. Builds character at an early age.

The last year the Roll-Belt was used in any industrial quantity was 1 year before I was born. And they used a farmhand sweep to pile them up. So I missed all the fun, just used it a few times for "fun" since then.

We do have a pitchfork with 2 short tines, which I am told was used for throwing bales. I couldn't fathom that when I hardly bigger than the bales.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...